+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Salford City: A Game Of Two Halves.

Salford City: A Game Of Two Halves.

Well I think you could use that game as a fine example of the old football adage. Same players, two different teams. I'd just like to point out that some will believe the players will have locked Dave and Kenny out of the dressing room at half time and sorted it out themselves but I suspect Dave and Kenny may just have had a hand in it.
    Last season, going behind invariably led to a defeat but not so much this season.. Some real quality again at times in that second half and quality goals too. Onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkeeper View Post
    Well I think you could use that game as a fine example of the old football adage. Same players, two different teams. I'd just like to point out that some will believe the players will have locked Dave and Kenny out of the dressing room at half time and sorted it out themselves but I suspect Dave and Kenny may just have had a hand in it.
    Last season, going behind invariably led to a defeat but not so much this season.. Some real quality again at times in that second half and quality goals too. Onwards and upwards.
    Well Dave said they were just given a few tactical pointers and boy were they carried out well! Smashed them 2nd half...Class of ninety-who?? I've seen a clip of Lowery's goal and it is special! Pixie's was a good finish too.

They just seemed lacking in confidence in the first half, and all of the Back 5 made elementary errors, letting ball roll under the foot, short back passes and Will’s drop. The forward players too were tentative.

Second half, well Dave May say tactical pointers, I just saw a team told to go out and express themselves. Dale was superb and the LB didn’t know whether it was Christmas or Easter and his attitude seemed to get the rest going. Lovely play for the first goal, supreme skill for the second, a cracking strike for the third and a well worked 4th - will make for good watching on Quest later and I hope that Deano is on to watch it. The forward thinking and confident attacking play had them on the back foot and, not only couldn’t their defence cope, but it dragged their attacking players back to help out, relieving the pressure on our defence. Great to see in the second half that the FBs were back on their game, the CBs passing inventively and accurately and Will having not lost his confidence - coming to punch and catch the high ball not seen at Gresty Road since Clayton Ince left.

COYRs!!!

A further plus from the game today was the increased attendance with around 4,200 home fans. The Gresty Rd end is slowly filling up nicely and the noise is beginning to ramp up a notch too including in the main stand. For once the lads gave the extra fans something to cheer with a brilliant second half.

Just been on the Salford website - I like to get the opposition’s take on things. I would recommend our website writers take a look as the match report is lengthy, detailed and accurate, not forgetting very generous to the Alex - a good read if you’ve got a few minutes to spare. Don’t bother with the manager’s comments, mind, as their defeat was all down to them and nothing to do with our much improved display - just as I thought managers were becoming more honest!

Something else from yesterday. We are all quick to have a go at poor referees in this League; I thought yesterday’s official was excellent. The game flowed, he played advantage, two deserved bookings were recorded, he waved away early attempts to con him and you hardly knew he was there a lot of the time, which is how it should be. Well played Mr Finnie.

Just watched extended highlights...Lowery 1st just gets better every time you see it...or is it just the HD video? Naah lovely skill!

Pickering best LB we've produced since Shaun Smith?

Excellent to see attendance increasing and it clearly helps the team when the crowd is vociferous. I'm exiled in Scotland but will be attending the Exeter game and I can't wait

Hoofball is alive and well in Salford. If that's what you get for the 2nd highest budget in the league then somebody is wasting Gary Nevilles money.
    They weren't fit either. Rooney was blowing just after half time and the rest struggled to get through the last 15 minutes.

Second half was a joy to watch. If you weren't there you just don't get how good that second half was. Not the same in 2 minute segment.

Who was it said scrap the youth system? 8 of them in the team yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Who was it said scrap the youth system? 8 of them in the team yesterday
    Yes funny that it's all gone quiet on that front. Same as the Lowery critics.
    Wonderful 2nd half performance - just footballed them to death.
    Ole Ole Ole

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Yes funny that it's all gone quiet on that front. Same as the Lowery critics.
    Wonderful 2nd half performance - just footballed them to death.
    Ole Ole Ole
    Yes the Academy critics have all gone quiet, it's very difficult to type with a huge slice of humble pie in each hand. It's wonderful to see Dave and Kenny continuing with the Crewe Way philosophy
    long may it continue, onward and upwards.