+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I'll bet or hope the true figures even brought a tear to Ashley's eyes.

That's a good point actually, Pat. Fatso will know the true attendance figure despite what the club publish.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    That's a good point actually, Pat. Fatso will know the true attendance figure despite what the club publish.
    I would imaging he keeps as strong an eagle eye on that as he does on his fictitional daily calory count.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post

The hell it was

will he ? I'm not sure he can/will

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    will he ? I'm not sure he can/will
    I just assumed there'd be data from the turnstiles, etc to show how many people actually came through the gates?

I just assumed there'd be data from the turnstiles, etc to show how many people actually came through the gates?
    I would have thought with all of today's legislation that they would have to know to a single unit for health and safety laws.

There is.... the fire safety officer needs to know the actual attendance

It makes no difference what the attendance is in terms of getting rid of Ashley.
    Ashley will cut his cloth accordingly.
    Also the stadium will fill back up as soon as we start performing with better football.

Any fans boycotting the stadium who've already bought season tickets are doing two things.

1. They're depriving themselves of their day out.

2. They're doing absolutely nothing to the finances of the club having already paid.

Soon enough the nationwide sympathy for the stay away fans will wear paper thin, leaving no excuses as to what the fight is for and reasons for that fight.

Unfortunately social media is to blame for this stuff. It creates bandwagon jumpers who think there's something special happening.
    Imagine spending most of your time slagging your own club off at every turn and blaming it on one person as if that person has stripped it down to bare metal and certain fans see a skeleton club.
    And it just gets worse and worse to a point where the hatred and martyr like stance is so ingrained that some find anything and everything to spew out to the point of declaring their football club loyalty null and void.

And yet.............................And yet, some of those people will declare their ultimate undying love for the club when the fair weather returns.

All this adherence to what Sir Bobby Robson said when he said "What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It's not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It's the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city."

You bought into Newcastle United whether you live in the city or the outskirts of it, all over the country or in other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    It makes no difference what the attendance is in terms of getting rid of Ashley.
    Ashley will cut his cloth accordingly.
    Also the stadium will fill back up as soon as we start performing with better football.

Any fans boycotting the stadium who've already bought season tickets are doing two things.

1. They're depriving themselves of their day out.

2. They're doing absolutely nothing to the finances of the club having already paid.

Soon enough the nationwide sympathy for the stay away fans will wear paper thin, leaving no excuses as to what the fight is for and reasons for that fight.

Unfortunately social media is to blame for this stuff. It creates bandwagon jumpers who think there's something special happening.
    Imagine spending most of your time slagging your own club off at every turn and blaming it on one person as if that person has stripped it down to bare metal and certain fans see a skeleton club.
    And it just gets worse and worse to a point where the hatred and martyr like stance is so ingrained that some find anything and everything to spew out to the point of declaring their football club loyalty null and void.

And yet.............................And yet, some of those people will declare their ultimate undying love for the club when the fair weather returns.

All this adherence to what Sir Bobby Robson said when he said "What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It's not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It's the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city."

You bought into Newcastle United whether you live in the city or the outskirts of it, all over the country or in other countries.
    There isn’t anything of this left now

“It's the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city."

After12 years of Ashley the penny is starting to drop and I don’t believe the crowds will come back they have had enough. My next door neighbours are life long fans bought their season tickets this year but have given up

They are not renewing their tickets and there are many fans like this who have just given up

If we win the next few games which is highly unlikely I would bet that you will never see another 52’000 gate this season

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I would have thought with all of today's legislation that they would have to know to a single unit for health and safety laws.
    as I've said before, my ticket isn't scanned on the way in , or counted in any way - it may not be a huge number but i'm not the only one.

everyone using the lifts, disabled entrances (some have scanners but aren't always used) are not having tickets scanned - and there are probably other entrances too

ps the lifts are constantly chocker for a long time before match starts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)