Get your very own personalised DAN'S DOMAIN gifts!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attendance

Attendance

Empty seats,the only positive for the day.Why people that go criticise those that have chose not to line a lying thieving billionaires pockets while he rapes the club when all they do for 90 mins is sit in silence and boo at the end of each half has got me stumped.
    It's not supporting the team so what value do they get for their hard earned money.Wake up and see what he has reduced the club to.

No way that was 43000.....loads of empty seats and the so called football was abysmal apart from the last 10 minutes when we woke up a bit

I assume all season ticket holders will have been counted regardless of attendence?

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I assume all season ticket holders will have been counted regardless of attendence?
    Yeah. No way were there that many there today according to my mate who still goes.

Given how shit the game was, I think he actually counted them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Yeah. No way were there that many there today according to my mate who still goes.

Given how shit the game was, I think he actually counted them.
    I'll bet or hope the true figures even brought a tear to Ashley's eyes.

These actions are only going to be relevent IF they continue throughout the season but more so particularly during games against more attractive competition such as the coming fixtures 6/10 v Manure and 27/10 v Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post

These actions are only going to be relevent IF they continue throughout the season but more so particularly during games against more attractive competition such as the coming fixtures 6/10 v Manure and 27/10 v Wolves.
    I donít think many fans will want to watch us get a football lesson of Man Utd when you consider Brighton gave us one yesterday. True crowd yesterday was probably around 36K

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    I don’t think many fans will want to watch us get a football lesson of Man Utd when you consider Brighton gave us one yesterday. True crowd yesterday was probably around 36K
    Looking at the huge empty spaces on MotDay 36k would seem to be on the generous side.

We need it down to below 30k then he will need to leave.... he will not hang around if it is costing him money.... people need to realise this before it is too late.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    We need it down to below 30k then he will need to leave.... he will not hang around if it is costing him money.... people need to realise this before it is too late.
    Not too far to go then depending on whether or not fans, s/t holders and casual attendees are firm and not swayed by the attendance of an attractive visiting team.

That's a good point actually, Pat. Fatso will know the true attendance figure despite what the club publish.

That's a good point actually, Pat. Fatso will know the true attendance figure despite what the club publish.
    I would imaging he keeps as strong an eagle eye on that as he does on his fictitional daily calory count.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post

The hell it was

will he ? I'm not sure he can/will

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    will he ? I'm not sure he can/will
    I just assumed there'd be data from the turnstiles, etc to show how many people actually came through the gates?

I just assumed there'd be data from the turnstiles, etc to show how many people actually came through the gates?
    I would have thought with all of today's legislation that they would have to know to a single unit for health and safety laws.

There is.... the fire safety officer needs to know the actual attendance

It makes no difference what the attendance is in terms of getting rid of Ashley.
    Ashley will cut his cloth accordingly.
    Also the stadium will fill back up as soon as we start performing with better football.

Any fans boycotting the stadium who've already bought season tickets are doing two things.

1. They're depriving themselves of their day out.

2. They're doing absolutely nothing to the finances of the club having already paid.

Soon enough the nationwide sympathy for the stay away fans will wear paper thin, leaving no excuses as to what the fight is for and reasons for that fight.

Unfortunately social media is to blame for this stuff. It creates bandwagon jumpers who think there's something special happening.
    Imagine spending most of your time slagging your own club off at every turn and blaming it on one person as if that person has stripped it down to bare metal and certain fans see a skeleton club.
    And it just gets worse and worse to a point where the hatred and martyr like stance is so ingrained that some find anything and everything to spew out to the point of declaring their football club loyalty null and void.

And yet.............................And yet, some of those people will declare their ultimate undying love for the club when the fair weather returns.

All this adherence to what Sir Bobby Robson said when he said "What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It's not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It's the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city."

You bought into Newcastle United whether you live in the city or the outskirts of it, all over the country or in other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    It makes no difference what the attendance is in terms of getting rid of Ashley.
    Ashley will cut his cloth accordingly.
    Also the stadium will fill back up as soon as we start performing with better football.

Any fans boycotting the stadium who've already bought season tickets are doing two things.

1. They're depriving themselves of their day out.

2. They're doing absolutely nothing to the finances of the club having already paid.

Soon enough the nationwide sympathy for the stay away fans will wear paper thin, leaving no excuses as to what the fight is for and reasons for that fight.

Unfortunately social media is to blame for this stuff. It creates bandwagon jumpers who think there's something special happening.
    Imagine spending most of your time slagging your own club off at every turn and blaming it on one person as if that person has stripped it down to bare metal and certain fans see a skeleton club.
    And it just gets worse and worse to a point where the hatred and martyr like stance is so ingrained that some find anything and everything to spew out to the point of declaring their football club loyalty null and void.

And yet.............................And yet, some of those people will declare their ultimate undying love for the club when the fair weather returns.

All this adherence to what Sir Bobby Robson said when he said "What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It's not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It's the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city."

You bought into Newcastle United whether you live in the city or the outskirts of it, all over the country or in other countries.
    There isnít anything of this left now

ďIt's the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city."

After12 years of Ashley the penny is starting to drop and I donít believe the crowds will come back they have had enough. My next door neighbours are life long fans bought their season tickets this year but have given up

They are not renewing their tickets and there are many fans like this who have just given up

If we win the next few games which is highly unlikely I would bet that you will never see another 52í000 gate this season

I would have thought with all of today's legislation that they would have to know to a single unit for health and safety laws.
    as I've said before, my ticket isn't scanned on the way in , or counted in any way - it may not be a huge number but i'm not the only one.

everyone using the lifts, disabled entrances (some have scanners but aren't always used) are not having tickets scanned - and there are probably other entrances too

ps the lifts are constantly chocker for a long time before match starts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast