+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The stench of relegation rears its ugly head

The stench of relegation rears its ugly head

And we are not even in October yet!
    Although Relegation is a certainty IMO, we are putting up a fight.
    Unfortunately these young players just aren't up to the task.
    This spreadsheet bollox has really cocked it up for us, along with yet another fire sale pre season.

Today's result proved that, no plan B IE Kieffer Moore, much needed height.
    I'll be honest, my enthusiasm has took a massive hit over the last couple months, and im not alone im sure. Not looking forward to the upcoming games, and regretting forking out for a season ticket.

Hope the lads can prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddler View Post
    This spreadsheet bollox has really cocked it up for us, along with yet another fire sale pre season.

I'll be honest, my enthusiasm has took a massive hit over the last couple months, and im not alone im sure. Not looking forward to the upcoming games, and regretting forking out for a season ticket.

At least there's the distraction of the Carabao Cup midweek.

From a business sense then you'd have to say the club is exceptionally run compared to many of our championship rivals and many at a level above us .

The clubs policy of discovering young talent that we can sell on for profit and pay our way is a good one .

The flaw is the total belief that everyone over 24 years old who won't gain any value in the market are surplus to requirements .

This is because mainly in my opinion that the consortium who own the club only see football and possibly life itself in pure business terms .

Football isn't an industry where business conquerors all , it's far more complex than that .

Once you take away emotion from this game then you take away the heart and soul , we are Barnsley FC , we ain't a brand .

Barnsley football club exists to provide its town and community professional football to watch after a hard weeks graft , it really is that simple .

I personally don't think the ownership have a clue how our support think or have any take on our lives and what this club means to us .

How could a bloke who is american and makes his money investing in Hollywood blockbusters tell a bloke whose held a season ticket for 50 years that " The Roster's Fine " ?

You actually think that you know more than he does ?

Go fuq yourself Conway , he's got time served credibility you haven't and never will have .

Going on that logic you'd ask SB what film he should invest 50m dollars in and make a return on his investment .

So why should we all think your so special Conway ?

Said it all along, by the time we get our act together it will be too late.
    Owners will be loving it.....more profits when we are promoted after next season!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    From a business sense then you'd have to say the club is exceptionally run compared to many of our championship rivals and many at a level above us .

The clubs policy of discovering young talent that we can sell on for profit and pay our way is a good one .

The flaw is the total belief that everyone over 24 years old who won't gain any value in the market are surplus to requirements .

This is because mainly in my opinion that the consortium who own the club only see football and possibly life itself in pure business terms .

Football isn't an industry where business conquerors all , it's far more complex than that .

Once you take away emotion from this game then you take away the heart and soul , we are Barnsley FC , we ain't a brand .

Barnsley football club exists to provide its town and community professional football to watch after a hard weeks graft , it really is that simple .

I personally don't think the ownership have a clue how our support think or have any take on our lives and what this club means to us .

How could a bloke who is american and makes his money investing in Hollywood blockbusters tell a bloke whose held a season ticket for 50 years that " The Roster's Fine " ?

You actually think that you know more than he does ?

Go fuq yourself Conway , he's got time served credibility you haven't and never will have .

Going on that logic you'd ask SB what film he should invest 50m dollars in and make a return on his investment .

So why should we all think your so special Conway ?

" and many at a level above us ". Care to enlighten us ? " many" . Meanwhile back on planet earth, Barnsley have lost 5 out of 8 plus a Carabao Cup match, heavily to a 4th tier team.

The problem is we sold Moore, who had height, and a “lay off” skill.
    We have skill, we just aren’t playing to our capabilities. Thomas today, when he got the ball showed that we aren’t using him enough at all. the long ball up to Malik Waste is just not our game. Brown, Woodrow, and Mcgeehan, (and I suspect Pinnilos) played today and were NOT FIT. We are trying to play a Kieffer Moore game. Without Moore. Play it on the floor, we have small players, play it on the floor!

Seven or eight games in and we regret a season ticket...... . How the season turned around under Johnson, and Hecky when we were rock bottom after 8? Bet you soon loved it when we romped up the League and provided you with probably your first real taste of success in the play off final. We set off not well last season. And came good. I’m not saying that we will do this again, but to say your enthusiasm is waning is no different to all of us, but jacking, and not supporting the players through this is not right. I’ve seen massive effort, and I’ll support that effort.
    I’ll criticise the recruiting, Directors, and Owners, but the players effort, against Leeds, and today should be applauded. They are working hard.
    Maybe.. they aren’t being Coached to attack and win, today they looked frightened to put the ball wide,amd forward.... and worried that if they don’t pass sideways at least three times before pushing it into the opponents half then they’d be dropped.....! Too much “Bulid up” not enough directness..... reminds me of a certain Huddersfield team.....

Midfield needs addressing, get that right and we'll be ok

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    The problem is we sold Moore, who had height, and a “lay off” skill.
    We have skill, we just aren’t playing to our capabilities. Thomas today, when he got the ball showed that we aren’t using him enough at all. the long ball up to Malik Waste is just not our game. Brown, Woodrow, and Mcgeehan, (and I suspect Pinnilos) played today and were NOT FIT. We are trying to play a Kieffer Moore game. Without Moore. Play it on the floor, we have small players, play it on the floor!
    Jules , Kieffer Moore sold himself when he asked for wages the club couldn't service .

Whatever Wigan are paying him then good luck with that but in my opinion we wouldn't have had any more points than we do now if we'd kept Moore here .

How many goals as he scored for his new club so far ?

It's incredibly frustrating for us all at this moment in time but 3 points next sunday and the the worlds a different place .

The flaws at the club are well founded but this is football and its not that long since we were heading towards league two in December and still got promoted .

Plenty of petrol in the Tyke tank yet even though I do have concerns .

I’m optimistic mate. I think we will survive

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast