+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miguel Almiron

Fair enough,I just dont see what Atsu offers the team or Almiron this season to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Fair enough,I just dont see what Atsu offers the team or Almiron this season to be honest.
    Assisted 50% of our Prem goals.

There were a number of players worse than Almiron today. Shelvey needs to be dropped now. When Ki came on he made more sensible passes in the last 10 mins than Shelvey did in the whole game. We cannot afford him in our team. Rafa saw right thro him.

Needs a game on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Bench Almiron and you kill his confidence.
    He needs to play and score, then his game will likely come alive.
    I actually feel for miggy, he breaks quickly but its hard to do anything meaningful if you have 1 supporting run (Joelinton)

I think the problem goes deeper than just one player, our attacking play against brighton was terrible, no fluidity , no patterns, a lot of players running around with no direction.

Bruce has no idea imo.

Quote Originally Posted by nufcwelsh93 View Post
    I actually feel for miggy, he breaks quickly but its hard to do anything meaningful if you have 1 supporting run (Joelinton)

I think the problem goes deeper than just one player, our attacking play against brighton was terrible, no fluidity , no patterns, a lot of players running around with no direction.

Bruce has no idea imo.
    You could say that about Rafa because I saw many a time at St. James' Park where teams like Brighton came and stole the show or a point by leaving us looking like the away team at a top of the table venue.

So, is it Bruce has no idea or is it Bruce has to implement a mentality and confidence into the players to balance out attack and defense with a good midfield to orchestrate it?

It'll take time to stamp his mindset into the squad. Rafa had 3 and a bit seasons and we still ended up going backwards.
    Let's just back him and whine and whinge when players don't perform.
    Bruce isn't immune to being digged at but digging too early just creates a bigger hole for him and the team, which helps nobody.

Let's see what he does. I'm still confident he'll get it right and finish in a decent position this season. I said 9th and I'll stick to that, because I believe we have the tools for that job once sharpened and fine tuned.

there were no players running into the box on the breaks we made, Miggy would get the ball, run and look to see if he had any support. 9 times out of 10 he had none.

If we finish 9th under Bruce, I will seriously eat my own hat.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    You could say that about Rafa because I saw many a time at St. James' Park where teams like Brighton came and stole the show or a point by leaving us looking like the away team at a top of the table venue.

So, is it Bruce has no idea or is it Bruce has to implement a mentality and confidence into the players to balance out attack and defense with a good midfield to orchestrate it?

It'll take time to stamp his mindset into the squad. Rafa had 3 and a bit seasons and we still ended up going backwards.
    Let's just back him and whine and whinge when players don't perform.
    Bruce isn't immune to being digged at but digging too early just creates a bigger hole for him and the team, which helps nobody.

Let's see what he does. I'm still confident he'll get it right and finish in a decent position this season. I said 9th and I'll stick to that, because I believe we have the tools for that job once sharpened and fine tuned.
    B0ll0x

WTF you on about ghost? Why should it take more than 5 games for Bruce to ‘stamp’ his style on the team? Didn’t take Potter that long at Brighton, did it?
    Is this some cliché from the media that you’ve picked up?
    Most worrying is that I see no improvement from one game to the next.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)