+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miguel Almiron

Miguel Almiron

I love the lad but i think it's time for Alain Saint-Maximin to take his place in the team on current form.

Surprisingly Christian Atsu has earned his starting spot this season and deserves to stay in the team. Almiron sadly needs to be the one on the bench.

thoughts?

Bench Almiron and you kill his confidence.
    He needs to play and score, then his game will likely come alive.

You can't fault his enthusiasm,work rate and speed but he just doesn't have the end product. Pity, under a different manager (Rafa?) I think he would have come on rapidly. Maximin looks like he will only get better and yes, I think Atsu deserves his spot. Also I think the jury is still out on Manquillo, he's had a lot of stick but he's no worse than Yedlin and certainly better than Krafth.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Bench Almiron and you kill his confidence.
    He needs to play and score, then his game will likely come alive.
    The team is more important than his confidence.

He works hard for sure but drop him and maybe he will do shooting drills before and after training.

He merits a place on the bench right now.

I´d bench him. Coming on as an impact sub when the opposition are tired might just help him get that elusive first assist/goal.

Yep, bench him as he doesn't seem to be one to moan. He will work hard to get back into the team, and when he does we will see a very good player.

Regardless of how he has been I would always pick him over Atsu if that is the choice.
    Not Richie's biggest fan but I would play him one wing and ASM the other.

If Atsu is playing well and working hard, surely he's earned his place in the team?

A shame leaving him out because "Atsu is Atsu". If he's on a good run and Miggy isn't then it's worth considering playing the former.

Needs to be dropped for the saint and brought on to use his pace against tiring defenders.

Atsu deserves to keep his place in the side at the moment...offered much more this season than either Almiron or Ritchie.

+💯 %

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)