+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce as Manager

Bruce as Manager

I won´t be calling for his sacking because I never wanted him to be manager in the first place, but I was just wondering if there is any chance that he may be replaced this season before it´s too late.

A major concern is Ashley´s ego - Bruce was his choice (after the gushing cr*p he spouted after he was appointed) and so for Fat Boy to climb down, the sitiuation will have to be pretty hopeless, and probably too late.

Even Ashley/Charnley have reacted on negative results in the past, even if it was against their own yes-men (McClaren, Kinnear). So yes, I do think there's a pretty good chance Bruce could get the sack this season.

This is where I'm at; on the brink of not caring whether we go down. I don't know if going down is the best chance we've got of getting rid of Ashley, but if it is then please don't sack Bruce and we'll be relegated by New Year's Eve.

But say we sack Bruce; in comes Alan Curbishley or Allardyce to save the day. And nothing's gained.

If only we could hire a proper, visionary manager who could get a good budget to try and take us forward, then we'd be more than happy. But it's just not happening under Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I won´t be calling for his sacking because I never wanted him to be manager in the first place, but I was just wondering if there is any chance that he may be replaced this season before it´s too late.

A major concern is Ashley´s ego - Bruce was his choice (after the gushing cr*p he spouted after he was appointed) and so for Fat Boy to climb down, the sitiuation will have to be pretty hopeless, and probably too late.
    I feel it will be pretty much like last time Ashley, "finally had his man" and we got relegated...change of manager too late.

I believe going down is the only way to get rid of Ashley and I would take it in a heart beat if it was to get rid.Look at the mackem tramps,a couple of seasons in League 1 and on the verge of a takeover that could see them in the money.
    I believe Bruce will be gone about November/December for this reason,Ashley cant take a chance on relegation.He wont want to miss out on this TV money these days.
    If we stay down,the price goes down as the club value will go down.He will cut his losses and run or try to.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    I believe going down is the only way to get rid of Ashley and I would take it in a heart beat if it was to get rid.Look at the mackem tramps,a couple of seasons in League 1 and on the verge of a takeover that could see them in the money.
    I believe Bruce will be gone about November/December for this reason,Ashley cant take a chance on relegation.He wont want to miss out on this TV money these days.
    If we stay down,the price goes down as the club value will go down.He will cut his losses and run or try to.
    we can but hope

absolutely dire today - some complained about rafa's apparent negativity but jesus - bruce hasn't got a clue

****e manager.but we knew that

It's all going as predicted but fatso will only sell up when the money/advertising dries up.

Sdfc

It might help if people get behind him instead of dissing him.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    It might help if people get behind him instead of dissing him.
    I’ve nothing against Bruce as a person he is probably a nice bloke

But he is certainly not a Premiership Manager along with his coaching staff of nobodies

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)