+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Zealand Haka

New Zealand Haka

Why do other teams still put up with this b o l l o x?

Opposing sides should do their own thing in retaliation or totally ignore it with indifference.

God Save The Queen sung in *** Pistols style for me!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Why do other teams still put up with this b o l l o x?

Opposing sides should do their own thing in retaliation or totally ignore it with indifference.

God Save The Queen sung in *** Pistols style for me!
    oh so very true mick,I hate it with a passion why should other teams stand there and watch them pump themselves up to this nonsense .for me make them kneel while the England players sing Jerusalem with 80,000 England fans.jerusalem should be England’s national anthem.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes it. The opposition should go and sign a few autographs whilst they are doing it.
    Looks stupid, sounds stupid, is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    oh so very true mick,I hate it with a passion why should other teams stand there and watch them pump themselves up to this nonsense .for me make them kneel while the England players sing Jerusalem with 80,000 England fans.jerusalem should be England’s national anthem.
    Great sdong but Jerusalem is a hymn and therefore too religous to represent modern day England. For me this should be the English National Anthem (might have to change bit about the Empire) It's certainly one that I could relate to. Images to be shown on the big screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81hbu0Uhkp8

I can’t disagree with anything in this thread. I just don’t get how we are all expected to bow and scrape to this team and almost be forced by the media and many non media to offer our undying respect to this dance that belongs in the 17C. To pick up on a previous comment, it gives them carte- blanche to get pumped up and psyched up whilst the opposition are forced to watch and be respectful. Yet another nation who have never really done anything except be good at rugby. If England don’t win it then anyone but NZ for me.

As are anthems at internationals...complete waste of time.....some of them go on for hours...and when you think that its finished...its only the first verse.....shocking when they then get an official singer in to sing it....

I remember one tour when the then England captain [don't recall his name] took a newspaper stuffed down the back of his shorts onto the field and when they started poncing around and wailing he took it out [the newspaper now] and started to read it.

Any one else recall this?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)