+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missed opportunity

Missed opportunity

Ian McCall, twice.

We did indeed. Maybe he wasn't one of the three hundred and fifty applicants. Let's go for another rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by parcbara View Post
    We did indeed. Maybe he wasn't one of the three hundred and fifty applicants. Let's go for another rookie.
    When your looking at a rebuild of a team and an injection of enthusiasm into the club, he ticked most of the boxes if his issues were under control.

Hopefully Mcpake can start getting a few results as goodwill is thin on the ground at Dens.

Joins Partick, yet some would have had us believe he was at Ayr for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Joins Partick, yet some would have had us believe he was at Ayr for life.
    Think he had unfinished business at Partick and it will be very interesting to see how he gets on. don't think he would have had a fair crack of the whip if he had come to DFC. McIntyre never got past his United connections and I think McCall would have had the same issues. I think he would have struggled to win us over.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Think he had unfinished business at Partick and it will be very interesting to see how he gets on. don't think he would have had a fair crack of the whip if he had come to DFC. McIntyre never got past his United connections and I think McCall would have had the same issues. I think he would have struggled to win us over.
    Dee b4 ever involved with them...a very guid player at that.

Midweek game v Stirling was one of the best winger displays I've ever seen at Dens....they tried 4 different players at full back....all to zero effect.

Got agree with you on that ros he was an excellent player for us, I never quite get this if a player has been at us and then them over the road a lot of folk have this fk him he’s tainted coz he was over there I can get it but no everyone deserves it and I know you’re a big fan of the bomber and I’ve seen the various opinions of him on here but I never really got this hate for him either, what a player he was for us but the Rangers side of things seemed to be part of the dislike but if we had a player like the bomber now that would be a massive help to us going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Biffo_the_Bear View Post
    Got agree with you on that ros he was an excellent player for us, I never quite get this if a player has been at us and then them over the road a lot of folk have this fk him he’s tainted coz he was over there I can get it but no everyone deserves it and I know you’re a big fan of the bomber and I’ve seen the various opinions of him on here but I never really got this hate for him either, what a player he was for us but the Rangers side of things seemed to be part of the dislike but if we had a player like the bomber now that would be a massive help to us going forward.
    Probably his appointment rather than anything else got to some but never understood the slavering orange orc thing.

He loves rangers, it's his team, nobody should be criticised for that.

What people also forget is he gave a guid dab team zero respect, went down fighting at Dens then a GIRUY performance at tannadice.

Great player for Accies, us and held his own and more with the superstars of the rampant rangers team.

Fall out with Ran Douglas didnae help but still maintain he laid the foundations of our promotion.....oh to viewed as not good enough whilst top of the championship.

And thon crunching tackles in midfield just afore we went 2-1 up in sc semi...dabs strewn all over the pitch....lovely.

Never played in the 87 cup quarter at Dens which was a shame he would have enjoyed the revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    .....oh to viewed as not good enough whilst top of the championship.
    He admitted himself that he wasn't good enough to get it over the line. He resigned and wasn't driven out like some have been since.

Was he actually good enough? We'll never know for sure but in most people's opinions it's a no.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)