+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missed opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    He admitted himself that he wasn't good enough to get it over the line. He resigned and wasn't driven out like some have been since.

Was he actually good enough? We'll never know for sure but in most people's opinions it's a no.
    Well he has the most successful win percentage this century.

Was he a natural modern day excuse riddled manager....No, did he make mistakes...of course, did he hide..... never.

Wasn't driven out but was abused from day 1....ironic really as it seems a lot of posters don't like abusive fans and want them thrown out ( we would have been playing in front of hundreds if that happened in The Bombers era&#128513...but he took the **** especially non football related **** and got on with it.

In this day when I struggle to remember the names of our current players The Bomber will always be up there with the likes of Fraser, Coyne, Wright, The Pole, Rab Douglas, ohh ahh Falconer, Brian Irvine, Ggh, Georgi and a few others.....all about opinions though....

Back on Ian McCall, He seems to have had a very quick response from the Partick players. New manager bounce seems to be an inadequate way of describing it. Was wondering how JMP might improve our team's performances. Might be worthwhile him being seen to chat with JN. Everyone knows that it's supposed to be a joint enterprise, particularly JMP who, I believe was instrumental in getting JN to come to Dens, so why the apparent lack of communication between them and between the dugout and the players?

Brown was a very good player for us.
    As a manager he was never really accepted because of his self proclaimed rabid hunnery which was over above the normal everyday rabid hunnery t

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Back on Ian McCall, He seems to have had a very quick response from the Partick players. New manager bounce seems to be an inadequate way of describing it. Was wondering how JMP might improve our team's performances. Might be worthwhile him being seen to chat with JN. Everyone knows that it's supposed to be a joint enterprise, particularly JMP who, I believe was instrumental in getting JN to come to Dens, so why the apparent lack of communication between them and between the dugout and the players?
    Don't think there is.

I wouldn't let a snide remark from a no mark tv pundit put this into the thinking of our fans.

McCall has a presence, especially at this level, Mcpake dosent have it yet but that's what you get with managers in their 1st job.

I'm actually glad Mcpake isn't screaming and bawling at players, only works for so long in limited circumstances.

He needs results but there's an air of playoffs will do about the club that certainly wouldn't have happened had McCall got the job.

Pick a team and formation, stick with it and build confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Don't think there is.

I wouldn't let a snide remark from a no mark tv pundit put this into the thinking of our fans.

McCall has a presence, especially at this level, Mcpake dosent have it yet but that's what you get with managers in their 1st job.

I'm actually glad Mcpake isn't screaming and bawling at players, only works for so long in limited circumstances.

He needs results but there's an air of playoffs will do about the club that certainly wouldn't have happened had McCall got the job.

Pick a team and formation, stick with it and build confidence.
    What was quote from tv pundit, I haven’t seen tv showing, it was hard enough to watch being there,

Heard Dave McKay on radio Saturday they are all talking, even Strachan, it’s not about the manager being out his depth it’s all down to the players,

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    What was quote from tv pundit, I haven’t seen tv showing, it was hard enough to watch being there,

Heard Dave McKay on radio Saturday they are all talking, even Strachan, it’s not about the manager being out his depth it’s all down to the players,
    Something about it looked like Jimmy Nicoll was sleeping on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Something about it looked like Jimmy Nicoll was sleeping on the bench.
    That's what I heard.

Agree that shouting and bawling is only useful in short and specific instances, however, being seen to be discussing the performance and giving the team some feedback, possibly even positive stuff, seems to me to be a worthwhile approach.

Bump

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)