+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ot I agree one hundred percent John.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    In fairness, the Mods allowed a poster to complain of "dirty pakis" on a thread last week, so I'm not sure the op can complain that free speech is too badly curbed. Not on here anyway. Seems pretty much a free for all so let's all just say what's in our hearts eh?
    Didn’t notice that, which post was that in?

Latest one about the grooming gangs. It was actually "paki scum bags". Not acceptable in my book and I reported it but the Mods kept it on. Their Web site and up to me if I carry on coming back on a site that tolerates such "free speech" on a football message board. But it was allowed so its a bit rich for IBS and his info wars obsession to be wailing about not being allowed to say what...he 'thinks'...

Latest one about the grooming gangs. It was actually "paki scum bags". Not acceptable in my book and I reported it but the Mods kept it on. Their Web site and up to me if I carry on coming back on a site that tolerates such "free speech" on a football message board. But it was allowed so its a bit rich for IBS and his info wars obsession to be wailing about not being allowed to say what...he 'thinks'...
    How did you report it? I didn't see anything so I've just tested the Report Post button and nothing has materialized in my inbox so far so maybe it's not working.

PS It's not 'our' website. Both Frog and myself became moderators due to needing to edit threads we regularly managed, him the match thread and me the prediction league. We stuck around when others left for various reasons and sort of inherited the roles we now find ourselves in.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 22-09-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Ah, looks a bit different when taken in context doesn’t it?

Plus in their case factual

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    How did you report it? I didn't see anything so I've just tested the Report Post button and nothing has materialized in my inbox so far so maybe it's not working.

PS It's not 'our' website. Both Frog and myself became moderators due to needing to edit threads we regularly managed, him the match thread and me the prediction league. We stuck around when others left for various reasons and sort of inherited the roles we now find ourselves in.
    Pressed the little exclamation mark in the bottom left of the post and submitted as a message. Isn't that the procedure for reporting a post?
    Last edited by frogmiller; 23-09-2019 at 07:01 AM. Reason: No edit

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Ah, looks a bit different when taken in context doesn’t it?

Plus in their case factual
    No it doesn't. There is never a justification for using racist language, especially on a football message board which is open to be read by kids and people of all nationalities. If you harbour and support such expressions, keep them to your own circles or form a closed message board for people that share your specific thoughts.

Is scum bags of Pakistani heritage OK for you?

Well, wholly acceptable in my book and a crying shame these gangs groomed girls over a long period of time.

Why are so many heads in the sand?

If I go to watch Rotherham away, I sit amongst a fair few scum bags. Goes with the territory.

That doesn’t make all Rotherham fans scum bags nor does it mean all Pakistani men are groomers if you read comments like above.

It’s getting silly. You don’t even live in Rotherham. Unlikely you know anyone affected but it’s likely a few posters have been affected or know someone who has.

I’d be saying a lot worse if my daughter had been let down like the 1000’s in the UK already have been.

So two fingers up to your complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    there has been some poor moderating around this issue frog. i trust it was just because you haven't seen the posts question rather than turning blind eye.

I hope now these scandalous accusations will be dealt with by the mods.
    Not on the football threads IBS. The O/T political threads maybe different and I admit to not reading them and letting folk get on with the insults and not letting them cross over. CAM and I will always look into any complaint made.

Pressed the little exclamation mark in the bottom left of the post and submitted as a message. Isn't that the procedure for reporting a post?
    I have certainly never received a complaint from you. The best way to report anything is through the Notification button at the top. That will send a private message directly to who it is addressed to and not through the FootyMad moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Is scum bags of Pakistani heritage OK for you?

Well, wholly acceptable in my book and a crying shame these gangs groomed girls over a long period of time.

Why are so many heads in the sand?

If I go to watch Rotherham away, I sit amongst a fair few scum bags. Goes with the territory.

That doesn’t make all Rotherham fans scum bags nor does it mean all Pakistani men are groomers if you read comments like above.

It’s getting silly. You don’t even live in Rotherham. Unlikely you know anyone affected but it’s likely a few posters have been affected or know someone who has.

I’d be saying a lot worse if my daughter had been let down like the 1000’s in the UK already have been.

So two fingers up to your complaint.
    Absolutely agree howdy

Kids have been grossly abused & no doubt left scarred for life but let's concentrate on a couple of words which may cause offence to some
    Oh dear what a shame
    Find another soap box rp as this one does you no credit

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast