+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ot I agree one hundred percent John.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Is scum bags of Pakistani heritage OK for you?

Well, wholly acceptable in my book and a crying shame these gangs groomed girls over a long period of time.

Why are so many heads in the sand?

If I go to watch Rotherham away, I sit amongst a fair few scum bags. Goes with the territory.

That doesn’t make all Rotherham fans scum bags nor does it mean all Pakistani men are groomers if you read comments like above.

It’s getting silly. You don’t even live in Rotherham. Unlikely you know anyone affected but it’s likely a few posters have been affected or know someone who has.

I’d be saying a lot worse if my daughter had been let down like the 1000’s in the UK already have been.

So two fingers up to your complaint.
    No problem with the debate happening as I've said, but are we not capable of having the debate, and expressing passionate and angry views without resort to racism?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I have certainly never received a complaint from you. The best way to report anything is through the Notification button at the top. That will send a private message directly to who it is addressed to and not through the FootyMad moderators.
    Thanks Frog. What's the 'Report post' button for then?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    No problem with the debate happening as I've said, but are we not capable of having the debate, and expressing passionate and angry views without resort to racism?
    Poppycock. You didn't even flag up the actual term used first time.

PC gone mad.

Rather than deflect the discussion with feeble accusations of racism on every thread, do people like you ever give a moments thought to the abused?

Baroness Cox's words, not mine:

Likewise, in Rotherham, according to the Government’s own findings, abusers came largely from ​the Pakistani heritage community. Evidence collated by Sikh Youth UK suggests that cases of abuse against young Sikh females by grooming gangs have also been perpetrated by those primarily of Pakistani or Muslim heritage. If media headlines are to be believed, the same is also true for the horrors perpetrated in Telford, Rochdale, Oxfordshire and a growing list of other places.

I must emphasise that that does not mean that all abusers fit the same profile. Child ***ual exploitation is not exclusive to any single culture, community, race or religion. However, when it comes to understanding the past and what can be done to prevent future cases, we must be able to have an honest debate. We cannot betray the victims and their families by shying away from the facts.

Over the course of decades, not enough was done to stop these tragedies in Rotherham and other towns. Council staff, social workers and the police allowed the mass gang rape of children to continue. It seems it was far less politically complicated to keep quiet. Many victims did not receive support because of the state’s reluctance to interfere in supposed cultural practices. Agencies downplayed ethnic or religiously identified dimensions of abuse. They also applied generic labels such as “Asian” to the perpetrators, which is a source of great concern to Asians who would never indulge in or condone such horrible crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Thanks Frog. What's the 'Report post' button for then?
    It will go to FootyMad. It used to go to the and all mods.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Poppycock. You didn't even flag up the actual term used first time.

PC gone mad.

Rather than deflect the discussion with feeble accusations of racism on every thread, do people like you ever give a moments thought to the abused?

Baroness Cox's words, not mine:

Likewise, in Rotherham, according to the Government’s own findings, abusers came largely from ​the Pakistani heritage community. Evidence collated by Sikh Youth UK suggests that cases of abuse against young Sikh females by grooming gangs have also been perpetrated by those primarily of Pakistani or Muslim heritage. If media headlines are to be believed, the same is also true for the horrors perpetrated in Telford, Rochdale, Oxfordshire and a growing list of other places.

I must emphasise that that does not mean that all abusers fit the same profile. Child ***ual exploitation is not exclusive to any single culture, community, race or religion. However, when it comes to understanding the past and what can be done to prevent future cases, we must be able to have an honest debate. We cannot betray the victims and their families by shying away from the facts.

Over the course of decades, not enough was done to stop these tragedies in Rotherham and other towns. Council staff, social workers and the police allowed the mass gang rape of children to continue. It seems it was far less politically complicated to keep quiet. Many victims did not receive support because of the state’s reluctance to interfere in supposed cultural practices. Agencies downplayed ethnic or religiously identified dimensions of abuse. They also applied generic labels such as “Asian” to the perpetrators, which is a source of great concern to Asians who would never indulge in or condone such horrible crimes.

You’re missing the point. I am not against discussion of the issue and have contributed my feelings about the perpetrators many times. I have also repeatedly contributed my opinions on other threads on where ethnic minority groups have pushed boundaries on British Values and Law. As I’ve said repeatedly, a key part of my job in an inner city college is to challenge views that emerge from ethnic minority kids that are passing on bigoted views from their elders. I’ve repeatedly argued in favour of protecting against divergence from British values in UK institutions/

I am fully aware of the Rotherham scandal, having read not only the reports you link to but also the account of the abused Sarah Wilson in her book. All makes horrific reading. Objecting to the expression of a racial slur on a footy message board does not imply an objection to the argument or the horror of the events. It is simply an objection that, like Wilson says in her book, that we should not slur the innocent people of that Pakistan community with the crimes of the abusers, which is what we do when we aim such language not against the criminals but against the wider community from which they come. The use of the words ‘paki scum bags’ goes beyond calling the rapists out for the scum bags that they are, into making their race an issue as part of it.

If you have the opinion that the expression paki scum bags’ is acceptable, then there is no reason why any other race cannot be slurred likewise: nigger scum bags, yidder scum bags. Is it acceptable for those words to be used in that context, whatever the offences of groups of people from each of those communities? E.g. Is it acceptable that a black person accused/convicted of a serious crime can be called ‘nigger scum bag’? You might counter this by pointing to the organised scale of the crime and I understand that. But how many need to be involved before you then allow the targeting of the racially fuelled abusive terms towards the group? Do you include the 8 strong English child *** abuse network convicted in Bristol last year? Do we start saying ‘brit scum bags’ or ‘whitey scum bags’?

I understand the anger about how the authorities failed these children, and head burying was a big part of the problem. But in my opinion, I don’t think that justifies the expression of racist language on a public forum. We can still have the discussion without that language can’t we?

Indees not . If not ok to label someone as a Nazi on here it is certainly not ok to label people as paki scumbags. I dunno how strict footymad is about this but it needs sorting asapm

So a pakistani man that grooms and rapes young girls isn't a paki scumbag?

To be honest that label is mild considering the crime and devastation it's caused to the victims

Maybe IBS can tell us under which user names he was called a "Nazi"...
    There have been several cases of child abuse in the local area involving white non-muslim men which have been reported by local press and radio, but seem to have escaped the attention of the Millersmad "Child grooming trainspotters" crew, for some strange reason...
    Last edited by mikemiller; 23-09-2019 at 01:41 PM.

See you're there again.

You appear more offended by an uneducated reference, than the actual crimes. You don't understand the anger at all. Stop kidding yourself. You can't expect every contributor to be squeaky clean and PC all the time. Not if you want an honest open debate.

Above I provided a quote from Baroness Cox, which was debated in the House of Commons and referenced a brief passage from the transcript. It's not a media report.

Likewise, in Rotherham, according to the Government’s own findings, abusers came largely from ​the Pakistani heritage community.

Here's the full transcript:

https://hansard.parliament.uk/lords/.../GroomingGangs

This is a sensitive and complex subject, which is important to raise on behalf of so many women and girls who have endured horrific crimes and who are still waiting to receive the support, protection and compensation they so desperately need. In Rotherham, hundreds of children were ***ually exploited between 1997 and 2013. Girls as young as 11 were raped by multiple attackers, trafficked to other towns and cities, and abducted and beaten. Some were doused in petrol and threatened with being set alight, while others were threatened with guns, made to watch brutally violent rapes and warned they would “be next” if they told anyone.

Repeated calls have been made for the Government to provide sufficient resources to support victims and survivors. Yet still, in October last year, Rotherham Abuse Counselling Service had 260 people on its waiting list, with an average waiting time of seven months. Additional funding is clearly needed for children and young people’s services to meet the needs of victims. To quote Sarah Champion, MP for Rotherham:

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Indees not . If not ok to label someone as a Nazi on here it is certainly not ok to label people as paki scumbags. I dunno how strict footymad is about this but it needs sorting asapm
    Say you had an 11-16yo daughter and she'd been raped, beaten and doused in petrol, by men of Pakistani heritage, would you be calling them Pal? Mate? and be sharing a cup of tea with them?

FFS

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast