+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My take on yesterday

My take on yesterday

Bit bemused by how much emphasis PW makes of Shrewsbury,s time wasting, slowing the game down and only being interested in a draw away from home.
    We spent the first 19 or so away games doing that last season.
    We only went for some wins when it was too late at the end of the season ....Qpr, Stoke, Swansea, wbrom

Look, questions were asked of us and we had no answers

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Look, questions were asked of us and we had no answers
    Yes and for the third time in a home match.
    I wonder if the manager and players actually have the capabilities to work out how to overcome teams who set up to get a point because they haven't shown they do so far.

Apart from being short of ideas to overcome defensive opponents we also struggle with set piece plays. Our corners and freekicks are woeful. Add to this one of our biggest threats from corners (Wood) was on the bench.

Warne out

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Warne out
    That’s the problem, the team yesterday looked Warne out

I don't see why PW is whinging about another team slowing the game down as most visitors will try to do that.
    He should be trying to get his players to have more urgency and speed up our own game before criticising the ref and having a go at the fourth official.
    We are so pedestrian and lethargic it's so easy for the opposition to counteract what we do.
    The only player I've seen with any urgency was Oggy and he's injured.
    Hastie was getting frustrated in the first half because he wasn't given the ball quickly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Bit bemused by how much emphasis PW makes of Shrewsbury,s time wasting, slowing the game down and only being interested in a draw away from home.
    We spent the first 19 or so away games doing that last season.
    We only went for some wins when it was too late at the end of the season ....Qpr, Stoke, Swansea, wbrom
    True, we did what we had to against superior opposition where the gulf in quality was often huge. I wish we'd been more adventurous at times, certainly earlier in the season.

However, this is L1. The difference between us and any other team in the division is minimal. In fact Shrewsbury are above us. Id be mega pissed off if we resorted to using these tactics in this division against teams below us. I suppose we should take it as a sign of respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Warne out
    Why not?