+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JOB injury

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    True, it's a rotten week, but we won't be the only club with injuries and suspensions. If anything, the size of our squad should give us an advantage over others. I don't suppose Boreham Wood have 4 right backs to choose from.
    Yeah you'd think so wouldn't you,but NA will somehow spin it into a sob story and make some more excuses why we can't compete

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Ardley will be rubbing his hands with these ready made excuses
    Not sure now is the time for underhanded insults. The players well being is way above any opinion we have about the running of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    True, it's a rotten week, but we won't be the only club with injuries and suspensions. If anything, the size of our squad should give us an advantage over others. I don't suppose Boreham Wood have 4 right backs to choose from.
    The size of our squad is only an advantage if it's a strong squad - and I'm not sure it is. I think we have a very good 16-man squad if everyone is fit, but I'm not sure about the rest. Yes, it's a chance to give some of the youngsters a chance, but young players are notoriously inconsistent (so they may fit in well, thinking about it). We also need players like Booty and Rawlinson to step up and show they are worth a place in the side. Then there are the unknowns like Shields, who we have seen precious little of yet, but hopefully he can pressure Enzio into performing better, or replace him.

Biggest worry aside from this spate of injuries is that fact that we have scored three goals in our last four games, all of them from Kyle Wootton. If he gets injured, we really will be in a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    The size of our squad is only an advantage if it's a strong squad - and I'm not sure it is. I think we have a very good 16-man squad if everyone is fit, but I'm not sure about the rest. Yes, it's a chance to give some of the youngsters a chance, but young players are notoriously inconsistent (so they may fit in well, thinking about it). We also need players like Booty and Rawlinson to step up and show they are worth a place in the side. Then there are the unknowns like Shields, who we have seen precious little of yet, but hopefully he can pressure Enzio into performing better, or replace him.

Biggest worry aside from this spate of injuries is that fact that we have scored three goals in our last four games, all of them from Kyle Wootton. If he gets injured, we really will be in a mess.
    I would say it's almost certainly a stronger squad than most teams have at this level. We have players like Tootle, a seasoned league-level right back, not even making the bench; or Crawford, a highly rated player who has proven himself at this level, also nowhere near the match-day squad.

All teams get injuries that weaken their team. It just so happens that our best two players (Turner and JO are sidelined, but that was always going to happen. We should still have enough to get results against teams with smaller squads and smaller budgets. As others have said, these injuries will be used as an excuse if we play rubbish tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Ardley will be rubbing his hands with these ready made excuses
    Typical remark not sure that is the best of taste we are all Pies Supporters, If you are not happy with the manager write to the owners quite simple really or do you not have the spheres, the reason we are where we are is thirty odd managers in twenty years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Typical remark not sure that is the best of taste we are all Pies Supporters, If you are not happy with the manager write to the owners quite simple really or do you not have the spheres, the reason we are where we are is thirty odd managers in twenty years.
    It's not the quantity, it's the quality ! We have had thirty odd Reliant Robins, instead of one Rolls Royce.

Regrettably the current incumbent appears to be perpetuating the same three wheeled analogy

This is a shame. Only last week JOB was getting rave reviews for his performance against Halifax. With players of JOB's character you know if they go down and stay down there is something really wrong and it turns out this was the case.

He has been one of Neal Ardley's best signings, and I hope he makes a speedy recovery as he will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    It's not the quantity, it's the quality ! We have had thirty odd Reliant Robins, instead of one Rolls Royce.

Regrettably the current incumbent appears to be perpetuating the same three wheeled analogy
    Never the less for whatever reasons the owners have still selected your Reliant Robins above the your so called Rolls Royce's maybe they should have consulted you B4 making any appointments. There is no Science in appointing a manager some slot in and some do not rather as with players, I have been watching Notts since 1950, the one thing you will never change is football. What manager or players work at some clubs do not work at others.

Of course you may know better whom am I to judge.

Apparently Ardley is looking at a list of short term targets to fill in the gaps left by Graham and O'Brien, i guess players like Bird, Tootle,, Dunn and Crawford will just have to wait to be included in first team action.

ffs why doesnt he let them go if he doesn't rate them

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    Apparently Ardley is looking at a list of short term targets to fill in the gaps left by Graham and O'Brien, i guess players like Bird, Tootle,, Dunn and Crawford will just have to wait to be included in first team action.

ffs why doesnt he let them go if he doesn't rate them
    Crawford and Tootle are effectively up for transfer but no-one seems to want them. Dunn was out of his depth last time out, he may come good but maybe not. Bird is on the bench and may get his chance at some point.
    I don't think we have cover at the club of a standard to cover Doyle and O'Brien both being out. Rose eats through the work but along with Bakayogo his passing has been pretty dreadful for much of the season.
    If we're going to play it through the thirds you need midfielders who can link the play and I can't think of any combination of players either a midfield four or a holding midfield diamond that would consistently string three passes together without Doyle or O'Brien to be honest.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast