+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JOB injury

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    It's not the quantity, it's the quality ! We have had thirty odd Reliant Robins, instead of one Rolls Royce.

Regrettably the current incumbent appears to be perpetuating the same three wheeled analogy

Not sure we have the pulling power to sign Rolls Royces without having a mental budget. Turner, O'Brien, Dennis and maybe Wooton look pretty good for this level. Having a largish squad is looking a shrewd move to me this week with that injury list.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Crawford and Tootle are effectively up for transfer but no-one seems to want them. Dunn was out of his depth last time out, he may come good but maybe not. Bird is on the bench and may get his chance at some point.
    I don't think we have cover at the club of a standard to cover Doyle and O'Brien both being out. Rose eats through the work but along with Bakayogo his passing has been pretty dreadful for much of the season.
    If we're going to play it through the thirds you need midfielders who can link the play and I can't think of any combination of players either a midfield four or a holding midfield diamond that would consistently string three passes together without Doyle or O'Brien to be honest.
    Crawford and Tootle are still players at this club and are being paid so should be available and utilised when required.

It was made clear earlier this week that we are not looking for or expecting promotion this year so those others who may come good eventually should be given chances to fill in when our first choices are injured or suspended, this is the chance to test them out and give them the game time they need if they are to progress, we're not expecting to win every game so what does it matter?

Otherwise whats the point in having a squad?

If Ardley goes to the transfer or loan market to cover this 'crisis' then i'm 100% done with him

You've been 100% done with him since August. If he plays an inexperienced team with youth you'd wear your keyboard out of we lost two on the bounce with them.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    Crawford and Tootle are still players at this club and are being paid so should be available and utilised when required.

It was made clear earlier this week that we are not looking for or expecting promotion this year so those others who may come good eventually should be given chances to fill in when our first choices are injured or suspended, this is the chance to test them out and give them the game time they need if they are to progress, we're not expecting to win every game so what does it matter?

If Ardley goes to the transfer or loan market to cover this 'crisis' then i'm 100% done with him
    As opposed to only 99.9% before!

You've been 100% done with him since August. If he plays an inexperienced team with youth you'd wear your keyboard out of we lost two on the bounce with them.
    No i'd actually be quite happy to see some of the other players used, at least developing some of the younger players would give some purpose to this season if we are actually rebuilding. he's built a squad for the season, it makes sense to use it

and i've only been 95% done with him since August, i did genuinely want him to do better.

No i'd actually be quite happy to see some of the other players used, at least developing some of the younger players would give some purpose to this season if we are actually rebuilding. he's built a squad for the season, it makes sense to use it

and i've only been 95% done with him since August, i did genuinely want him to do better.
    With Graham, Turner, JOB and Doyle out, that's four off the bench and four from the pool onto the bench so he is utilising his squad, it's just that with the possible exception of Bird there's not much evidence that he isn't picking his best eleven + subs.
    Graham, Booty and Kelly Evans are young so he will play young players if he rates them.

With Graham, Turner, JOB and Doyle out, that's four off the bench and four from the pool onto the bench so he is utilising his squad, it's just that with the possible exception of Bird there's not much evidence that he isn't picking his best eleven + subs.
    Graham, Booty and Kelly Evans are young so he will play young players if he rates them.
    But what is the point in having them in the squad if he going to bring in players on loan rather than use them? If we aren't too concerned about our league position this year and we are stabilising and rebuilding then why wouldn't you make use of an already large squad when we are hit with a spate of injuries/suspensions, it just doesnt make sense to me and i fear we end up with another one of those difficult to manage squads with about 40 names in it,something i think we all hoped we would see the back of after last season.

I think we could put out a decent 11 to face Borehamwood with what he has at his disposal, especially since now that we know that promotion form is not required, developing squad players i would have thought should be an important part of this rebuilding season,

He would face less criticsm in defeat if he was giving younger players experience and he might even give himself a selection headache if any of them turn in some good performances.

Made clear by who?

He has tried to let players leave, especially the ones mentioned. He can’t force a move if the player doesn’t want it, so why expect it?
    We might have a biggish squad but Ardley has pretty much omitted a few so the numbers in reality are smaller.

Maybe Just Maybe these are some of the players Ardley is trying to get out on loan to get some game time who are refusing to go because they are happy to sit in the stands and collect Hardy's over weighted wage packet every month.

Just a thought like.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast