+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team for Tuesday

Team for Tuesday

Important game Tuesday. Even with all the absences, Ardley’s got a more-than big enough squad to put a team together to get a result at Boreham Wood. Only Turner and O’Brien of those missing are significant losses, in my view.

Definitely out: Doyle, O’Brien, Graham, Turner, Tyson, Fitzsimons.

Probably out: Kelly-Evans, Shields.

What I’d play:

Slocombe
    Brindley Rawlinson Bird McCrory
    Osborne Rose Booty Enzio
    Wooton Dennis

Subs: Kean; Bakayogo; Tootle; Crawford; Thomas.

Osborne definitely deserves a chance - did well in his only start and has been lively in the other brief cameos he’s been given. Works hard for the team but also gives us another attacking dimension.

Likewise, Bird has never let us down; we should use all these absences for positive and to give people opportunities. Get Crawford and Tootle back in the squad too for the same reason - what’s the point in ostracising proven players at this level and above when you’re ‘scratching around putting a team together’.

Expect to see: Slocombe; Brindley, Rawlinson, McCrory, Bakayogo; Enzio, Rose, Booty, Shields; Thomas, Wooton.

Subs - Kean, Bird, Dunn, Osborne, Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    Important game Tuesday. Even with all the absences, Ardley’s got a more-than big enough squad to put a team together to get a result at Boreham Wood. Only Turner and O’Brien of those missing are significant losses, in my view.

What I’d play:

Slocombe
    Osborne Rose Booty Enzio
    Wooton Dennis

Osborne definitely deserves a chance - did well in his only start and has been lively in the other brief cameos he’s been given. Works hard for the team but also gives us another attacking dimension.

Likewise, Bird has never let us down; we should use all these absences for positive and to give people opportunities. Get Crawford and Tootle back in the squad too for the same reason - what’s the point in ostracising proven players at this level and above when you’re ‘scratching around putting a team together’.

Expect to see: Slocombe; Brindley, Rawlinson, McCrory, Bakayogo; Enzio, Rose, Booty, Shields; Thomas, Wooton.

Agree fully with both your preferred 11 and the probable 11..

NA would rather play the same defenders out of position like he did on Saturday with similar results than play players where they should or heaven forbid use players that he didnt sign ( apart from the mysteriously now undroppable Enzio)

Baffling...

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post

What I’d play:

Slocombe
    Osborne Rose Booty Enzio
    Wooton Dennis

Agree with all of the above - that would be my preferred 11

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Agree with all of the above - that would be my preferred 11
    I would imagine he will pick the players that he has signed, regardless of those not signed players being better....

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I would imagine he will pick the players that he has signed, regardless of those not signed players being better....
    And this will eventually be his self inflicted undoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    And this will eventually be his self inflicted undoing.
    Correct....

I have a horrible feeling he might try to change things altogether and go with a very defensive 541 with the midfield 4 in a diamond.

I'm expecting to see this;
    Slocombe
    Brindley Rawlinson Bird McCrory Bakayogo
    Rose
    Crawford Booty
    Enzio
    Wootton

The only thing that might go against this line up is whether he has the balls to pick Crawford. The wingbacks are there to offer width going forward but will be primarily told to sit back and lump the ball up to Wootton who will hopefully work wonders and offload the ball to Enzio for a half chance from 30 yards. Rose will sit deep, just in front of the back five to ensure they have some defensive cover, because basically five at the back still leaves us a little exposed. Crawford and Booty will have to run around like headless chickens trying to pick up the second ball but the game will basically pass them by.

On the other hand I like Muzzy's preferred 11.