+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t Alternative medicines, homeopathy etc.

o/t Alternative medicines, homeopathy etc.

Has anybody used alternative medicine and had positive results?
    Last edited by the_idiotb_stardson; 22-09-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Has anybody used alternative medicine and had positive results?
    A friend of mine was heavily into acupuncture. All was going well until he went to Rotherham baths, he sank like a stone.

As much as possible I try to use an alternative to the overpriced American healthcare system but I don't think that's what you're asking? Insurance coverage for me and one daughter is just over $1000/month but luckily my employer pays all but $32 of that. The extra costs involved if you actually have to use the insurance are laughable. e.g. prescription medications at over $1,000

No, people have had the genuine benefits a placebo brings, but nothing more, and often at far greater cost than other placebos and going into the pockets of quacks.

Not so much alternative medicine more like alternative TO medicine

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    No, people have had the genuine benefits a placebo brings, but nothing more, and often at far greater cost than other placebos and going into the pockets of quacks.
    That’s just your opinion.
    Acupuncture can certainly help for some. Also, many moons ago there used to be a herbalist up Masbrough somewhere called Walton, I think, who helped cure many people with ailments, me included, when the doc could not.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    That’s just your opinion.
    Acupuncture can certainly help for some. Also, many moons ago there used to be a herbalist up Masbrough somewhere called Walton, I think, who helped cure many people with ailments, me included, when the doc could not.
    Here’s an interesting view

https://www.cancersupportcentre.co.u...r-acupuncture/

Nice one. It can help for loads of stuff. The one I use doesn’t have a set fee, you just put what you think it’s worth to you in an envelope and stick it in the honesty box.

Reclining chairs, dim lighting and soft music. It’s so relaxing that it’s almost impossible to stay awake even with about 20 needles stuck in yer. She even asks what time you want waking up lol
    Last edited by sota; 22-09-2019 at 11:30 PM.

On a serious note I did some very simple yoga that cured a long standing sports injury after about three days.
    I'd been to the doctors and a physio for about six months and it didn't make any improvement with their help.
    I still use a bit of what I learnt throughout the year to keep me fit and healthy.

The yoga session only lasted about five minutes for them to teach me what I needed to know
    Last edited by flourbasher; 23-09-2019 at 09:21 AM.

Homeopathy is nonsense and Chinese medicines are actually full of steroids.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast