+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thomas Cook

Thomas Cook

I’m not a great one for the compensation culture, but tell me this.

Okay it’s a shame for anyone who has had their holidays ruined but given that

1/ the majority will have travel insurance so will be covered.

2/ the majority will have paid for their holiday by credit card so will be covered.

Why then are they saying it will cost the taxpayer £600,000,000 to fly folk home and compensate them for losing their holiday.

I’m a taxpayer, I don’t want to pay this.

By all means get folk who are stranded abroad home, but give them a bill for it.

They can pass the bill to their insurance company/ credit card provider.

If they can’t do that then tough, why should I pay for your bad luck?

Sounds more like getting the taxpayer to bale the banks out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I’m not a great one for the compensation culture, but tell me this.

Okay it’s a shame for anyone who has had their holidays ruined but given that

1/ the majority will have travel insurance so will be covered.

2/ the majority will have paid for their holiday by credit card so will be covered.

Why then are they saying it will cost the taxpayer £600,000,000 to fly folk home and compensate them for losing their holiday.

I’m a taxpayer, I don’t want to pay this.

By all means get folk who are stranded abroad home, but give them a bill for it.

They can pass the bill to their insurance company/ credit card provider.

If they can’t do that then tough, why should I pay for your bad luck?

Sounds more like getting the taxpayer to bale the banks out to me.
    That canna be right surely.

British Airways will charge business class for any seats they find available.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    British Airways will charge business class for any seats they find available.
    Sod that. The taxpayer shouldn't be paying a penny.

The folk already knew things were looking iffy when they flew off on their jollies but took the gamble. They lost.

Should be up to them to get their own arses home.

Fair play to TC for trying to keep their high street shops open but it's a digital online world these days unfortunately.

What happens to their fleet? They must own a few aircraft.

I could go an Airbus A330 if they are going cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Fair play to TC for trying to keep their high street shops open but it's a digital online world these days unfortunately.

What happens to their fleet? They must own a few aircraft.

I could go an Airbus A330 if they are going cheap.
    It was saying on the news that where ever they are now they will be parked there until further notice.

I have not used a travel agent since I was going on a lads holiday when I was 18. I organize everything separately myself. Flights, hotel. Theres no way a travel agent is cheaper than doing that so why would anyone use one apart from laziness

Teletext killed the high street travel agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    It was saying on the news that where ever they are now they will be parked there until further notice.

I have not used a travel agent since I was going on a lads holiday when I was 18. I organize everything separately myself. Flights, hotel. Theres no way a travel agent is cheaper than doing that so why would anyone use one apart from laziness
    105 aircraft impounded by the CAA, ouch. Guess they'll be put through the big sale at Thainstone mart next month to get a bit of creditor cash.

Fancy having a whip round? AbMad Air for a Europa tour if we make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Old age.

I mean old because It would never cross my mind to use a travel agent. Mind you I never go on “booked” holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    105 aircraft impounded by the CAA, ouch. Guess they'll be put through the big sale at Thainstone mart next month to get a bit of creditor cash.

Fancy having a whip round? AbMad Air for a Europa tour if we make it.
    My pal flew home from USA yesterday on a Thomas cook flight. The trolley dollies were not doing their duties as they had just found out they were out of work.Then when the plane landed it had to park at the remotest part of Glasgow airport with officials waiting to impound it when the doors opened

So the moral of the story is. There is a potential Abmad plane in Glasgow with upset trolley dollies up for grabs. But also possibly a trolley full of booze as there was no service on the flight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast