+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Thomas Cook gone bust...,

O/T Thomas Cook gone bust...,

Might have been mentioned earlier, apologies if it has. Daughter with a party 9 told this morning they’re holiday is cancelled for next Thursday!

Apparently the owner of Wolves who owns Club Med, had tabled a rescue bid of 450 million but it has been refused. Wonder why?

Many years ago I had booked flights (from a teletext source! - told you it was years ago) for me, my mum and dad and my two daughters to Florida. The company was Liberty travel. By an amazing coincidence houses on my dad's estate were being delivered free copies of the Yorkshire Post for a week. He phoned me to tell me that the front page had a picture of a woman in tears, at the airport, because her flight was cancelled. Liberty travel had gone bust - two days before we were due to fly. I checked there teletext page and there was just a number for the CAA. I never got any notification personally.
    I wasn't too concerned about getting a refund on the tickets but I had booked a house, car etc. separately.
    I managed to get flights with a different company - at a higher price. I had to shell out again and I didn't get my refund for months. All a bit stressful but at least it turned out ok. It won't for many unfortunately

Don't just book it
    Thomas **** it

Been having problems for a few years, I stopped booking with them because it was bound to happen at some point

Bailed out in 2011 but didn't change their business model, internet is killing the High Street.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Many years ago I had booked flights (from a teletext source! - told you it was years ago) for me, my mum and dad and my two daughters to Florida. The company was Liberty travel. By an amazing coincidence houses on my dad's estate were being delivered free copies of the Yorkshire Post for a week. He phoned me to tell me that the front page had a picture of a woman in tears, at the airport, because her flight was cancelled. Liberty travel had gone bust - two days before we were due to fly. I checked there teletext page and there was just a number for the CAA. I never got any notification personally.
    I wasn't too concerned about getting a refund on the tickets but I had booked a house, car etc. separately.
    I managed to get flights with a different company - at a higher price. I had to shell out again and I didn't get my refund for months. All a bit stressful but at least it turned out ok. It won't for many unfortunately
    Since they're package holidays they're covered by ABTA so should get their money back.

"Thomas Cook executives have been paid more than £20 million over the last five years, despite long term fears that the operator faced collapse.

Peter Fankhauser, the Swiss chief executive, has taken home £8.3 million since he took the helm in 2014, including a £2.9m bonus in 2015.

Chief financial officers Michael Healy and Bill Scott, who started at the beginning of last, have together been paid around £7 million since 2014.

More than £4 million was paid in this time to the non-executive directors, including Belgian chairman Frank Meysman, who has taken home £1.6m."

Well that's some great value for money isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Since they're package holidays they're covered by ABTA so should get their money back.
    ATOL are at work for the passengers in airports but I don't know how they and ABTA work together.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    "Thomas Cook executives have been paid more than £20 million over the last five years, despite long term fears that the operator faced collapse.

Peter Fankhauser, the Swiss chief executive, has taken home £8.3 million since he took the helm in 2014, including a £2.9m bonus in 2015.

Chief financial officers Michael Healy and Bill Scott, who started at the beginning of last, have together been paid around £7 million since 2014.

More than £4 million was paid in this time to the non-executive directors, including Belgian chairman Frank Meysman, who has taken home £1.6m."
    Nice to see that the Capitalist System is alive & kicking and working just as well as it always has done

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast