+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone on here phooked by Thomas Cook?

Question Anyone on here phooked by Thomas Cook?

Everybody OK on here following the Cook Phook up?

My niece was due to fly tomorrow from Bristol to Majorca.She will get her money back but it has wrecked her holiday plan.

I also spoke to a friend today who is a Travel Agent and she told me that all other Companies have just bumped up their prices and are trying to cash in on people looking for alternatives.How surprising.Her advice - just forget it,your holiday has gone.

One other issue.I know a lot of people from down here in South Wales have gone to Japan for the Rugby World Cup,a lot went last week for a month.If they went with Thomas Cook they may get told they have to return in the next couple of weeks whilst the rescue arrangements are in place.

Yep booked for a week in Turkey early next year. Its only an holiday though, plus side is i still have my job unlike a lot of unlucky people today.

Nasty business all round I think. The Corporate Fat Cats have been creaming it by all accounts.

I believe so, upwards of 20 mill paid in bonuses to the top 3 or 4 executives before it went bust. Talk about looking after yourself !!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Nasty business all round I think. The Corporate Fat Cats have been creaming it by all accounts.
    thats right BT - same old story, Milking the aqcuisitions - and much like that other recent Joke, British Steel - nothing British about it....bought for a quid by private equity group Greybull Capital (Jersey based parent company, Olympus Steel)....same Greybull that owned Monarch airlines - causing the government/us ...£60 million to repatriate the dumped holidaymakers.
    This time its Thomas Cook - owned some other vulture holding company - a German Bank - Westdeutsche Landesbank, Carlson Inc and Preussag/ TUI.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)