+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Greta Thunberg

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    This 16 year old girl is only passionate about the planet cause she is informed about the facts and you lot are festering in your old dinosaur thinking.
    You are stifled by your inability to see the signs out there......So...she has Asperger...what are your excuses for not seeing whats going on....?
    Since when does how a person look.....depends on weather they are delivering some truth or not?
    Is our society so sterile now that you have to look beautiful and ***y to be listened too?
    An old friend, long since dead...once told me..."When you grow old...dont grow bitter"
    Well said dubbag! You see my point why i think this messageboard is going downhill? You only have to read the bitter views opinions that are just on this thread alone. No doubt i’ll be told where to go.

Regis80: Go to the foot of our stairs....crikey, I don't know where I dredged that one up from. Not heard it in over 40 years. My mum used to say it.

This 16 year old girl is only passionate about the planet cause she is informed about the facts and you lot are festering in your old dinosaur thinking.
    You are stifled by your inability to see the signs out there......So...she has Asperger...what are your excuses for not seeing whats going on....?
    Since when does how a person look.....depends on weather they are delivering some truth or not?
    Is our society so sterile now that you have to look beautiful and ***y to be listened too?
    An old friend, long since dead...once told me..."When you grow old...dont grow bitter"
    dubs we all know where your coming from,what folk on here are actually saying is.its all to rehearsed she a front for her parents.me for one have had enough of these people preaching and telling me what is right and what’s not.im not bitter dubs just live in the real world.the media are giving no marks and noneities to much air time.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Regis80: Go to the foot of our stairs....crikey, I don't know where I dredged that one up from. Not heard it in over 40 years. My mum used to say it.
    another one Chris,not got a clue were it comes from or meaning mick might know.my old man would say cow me I goo brierley hill.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Well said dubbag! You see my point why i think this messageboard is going downhill? You only have to read the bitter views opinions that are just on this thread alone. No doubt i’ll be told where to go.
    If I was sat at home watching a tv series every week and it caused me to constantly moan I’d probably stop watching it. I do accept that everyone has different views and opinions but the majority of your posts seem to be critical of this board / it’s members rather than adding to the debate.
    Last edited by stripes39; 24-09-2019 at 07:24 AM.

read again I don’t think dubs is being critical of the the board or posters .he is just putting his point across.

You don’t contribute but whinge about the board going down. In comparison with other boards ( look at Vile ) our board has kept a lot of posters and still visiting supporters post like Acido and WCV - actually more times than you!

Good for Greta but it’s so obvious it’s all rehearsed even though she has Aspergers. My daughter is passionate about recycling and completed a school project on this. I don’t want to dampen my daughters enthusiasm about her passion but she has a whole range of other learning subjects which she must focus on. Maybe Greta’s parents would be better off taking this burden off her shoulders and as adults may be listened to more, than a kid who has clearly been given a script.

What next - a kid with a passion for gender neutral signs telling the educational world to be more sensitive with it/they communication!

Don’t get me wrong, I only pointed out she has aspergers to highlight the reason that she might be obsessed by a subject, this young lady has real courage and her oratory skills are fantastic for someone so young .

I did think what mick said was funny , I find that kind of humour tickles me . But I do admire this young lady and the truth she speaks shames us all . But hopefully it shames the right people, trump etc.. as I fear the likes of us can not affect this pending disaster.

COYB

My comment re Asperger's had nothing to do with her ability to think for herself or see the effects of planetary change. It was a genuine concern for her ('pronoun' dependent) mental wellbeing. I couldn't give a toss that she looks like except for when she's in distress. She's clearly distressed about where we're heading and that distress is only going to be exacerbated in stressful situations afforded by conference crowds and the media spotlight. All I was saying was I hope her parents know when to be there for her as everyone needs a break, and no I wasn't referring to a weekend away in Barcelona .

I'm growing older by the second Dubbs, but I'm certainly not bitter .

My Advice to Greta is read the bible from start to finnish and then give herself to Jesus and then she won,t have to worry about Climate change

The Lords Thy shepard
    COYB

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)