+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: FFS Free Palestine

What's the reaction from Lebanon Balan? I can't keep up.

B T: Not so much coming out of Lebanon ( The Daily Star,Lebanon ).

BRUSSELS: European Council President Donald Tusk chastised Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan Friday for threatening to send millions of Syrian refugees to Europe and blasted the Turkish operation in northern Syria as destabilizing the region.
    In a speech Thursday, Erdogan called on the European Union to "pull itself together" and threatened that if the bloc labeled the operation an occupation he would "open the gates and send 3.6 million refugees" to Europe.

Turkey's Syria offensive: thousands flee as death toll mounts!!
    According to the United Nations, at least 70,000 people had fled their homes by Thursday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The rabid militarism of the capitalist paradigm knows no bounds
    Stop worrying BT, the Donald is pulling up the drawbridge, he's had enough of the USA acting as world policeman, which is what you lefties want isn't it ? Let's see what happens in Syria, now that the world's biggest rabid militarist of the capitalist paradigm has fecked off back home. Not exactly all sweetness and Light at the moment though is it, now that the Donald has taken his bat home.

Hopefully this will result in Erdogan flooding Europe with thousands of refugees, let the EU see and deal with the consequences of grandstanding and pissing the Donald off.

Soccer.

The Palestinian national soccer team is scheduled to play Saudi Arabia in a World Cup qualifier in the West Bank this week, but as the arrival of the Saudi team needed Israeli approval, some Palestinian activists say the game should be cancelled

Basem Naem, head of Boycott Campaign–Palestine, says that the activists “consider the arrival of the Saudi football team to Ramallah as a form of normalisation, since such a thing could not happen without the coordination and protection of the Israeli occupation, which we completely reject.”

He says the match was part of “Israel’s plan to achieve normalisation with Arab states in order to break Israel’s isolation in the Middle East without providing a solution to the Arab-Israeli conflict.”

Palestinian officials, however, believe the match has political significance, showing world support of the Palestinian people.

Omar Al Jafari, spokesperson for the Palestinian Football Association, tells The Media Line that the qualifier “is important in being the first of its kind in which Palestine hosts the Saudi team on its own territory. This has political and moral significance, demonstrating support of the Palestinian people.”

“For years, Palestinians weren’t able to play on our land until FIFA approved of us playing in our home stadium. Following that, football teams started coming to play against us in Palestine,” he says.

Palestinians have hosted other Arab teams. But Saudi Arabians have never visited the West Bank before, apparently because Riyadh did not want to be seen as legitimising Israel's occupation of the territory.

B T : Your very quiet on this war Turkey v's Kurds and Syrians. I guess when Israel is not involved,well that's life !

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    B T : Your very quiet on this war Turkey v's Kurds and Syrians. I guess when Israel is not involved,well that's life !
    Trump deliberately creates a vacuum, thousands consequently die, he then blames Turkey for all that is wrong in the Middle East and then imposes sanctions on them.
    All the while, the Israelis back Trump in this game of geopolitical chess and continue to fill their coffers with billions of military aid from the US.
    Meanwhile in downtown Bolton, I have to gnash my teeth and watch an old lady deliver the next Tory election manifesto. Missing was any mention of the conflict going on around your borders and you blame me for remaining silent?
    Attachment 14127

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Of little interest to our Labour Party Balan, they're like meerkats, they pop up, look around, don't see any Jews involved in the aggression, and pop back down again. It does make you think that they're not driven by any compassion for their suffering fellow human beings, in this case the Kurds, just anti-semitism.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Of little interest to our Labour Party Balan, they're like meerkats, they pop up, look around, don't see any Jews involved in the aggression, and pop back down again. It does make you think that they're not driven by any compassion for their suffering fellow human beings, in this case the Kurds, just anti-semitism.
    The slaughter is of even less interest to our Prime Minister and Foreign Secretary sinkov. NIMBYISM is not confined to real anti-Semites either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The slaughter is of even less interest to our Prime Minister and Foreign Secretary sinkov. NIMBYISM is not confined to real anti-Semites either.
    But our PM and FS aren't continually making a song and dance about the way the Jewish State of Israel polices it's borders. They're consistent in their disinterest, whereas Labour seems to find the methods used by the Jewish State of Israel abhorrent, but the slaughter of innocent Kurds by Turkey passes them by virtually unremarked, and certainly not a peep of protest on here from your good self. I ponder the reason for this discrepancy, and am led to the conclusion that it is the difference between the two states that causes this imbalance, one is a Jewish state, the other isn't. And so, although you will of course deny it, until I can find a more credible reason, I can only assume the differing reaction is driven by anti-Semitism.

B T : Your very quiet on this war Turkey v's Kurds and Syrians.

''All the while, the Israelis back Trump in this game of geopolitical chess and continue to fill their coffers with billions of military aid from the US.''.

I think about 2 months ago we invited British and American pilots to join Israeli pilots for exercises in the desert. I am sure all what Israeli pilots have learned,we pass on to others. Israel has been in more 'dog fights' with ''the desert people'' ,using Russian Sukhoi fighter jets, Migs, etc, than any other country. Israeli pilots fly today under Russian radar and face it's defence missiles S-400? etc. So what you call, ''billions of military aid'' I am sure any technology, knowledge and information is passed on, etc ''shhhhhh!

Khamenei reportedly has restricted the range of ballistic missiles manufactured in Iran to 2,000 km's (1,240 miles). While that keeps Europe out of range, it means the Iranian missiles can hit much of the Middle East, including Israel and American military bases in the region. The Islamic Republic frequently threatens to annihilate Israel. So western Europe is not presently bothered at this stage.

Israel has successfully perfected the 'Arrow -3 Interceptor missile. So it can 'knock out this Iranian missile. But it needs to develop more. But it already it is working on the Arrow -4. ''You always have to be one up on your enemy!!

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)