+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: FFS Free Palestine

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We have abandoned the British citizens to their fate in Hong Kong sinkov, in exactly the same way we left the Arabs to the mercy of the Jews in 1947. Both are superb examples of British NIMBYISM and hypocrisy at its finest and yet I read with great alarm that the Tories presently hold a 15 point lead over Labour in the polls.
    WTF is wrong with our middle class, brain dead eejits?
    But why such single-minded focus on the plight of the Palestinians BT, there are many other oppressed peoples the world over, such as those I mentioned in Hong Kong. But your concern appears to be solely for those oppressed by the Jewish State of Israel, which you must realise leaves you and your chums in the Labour Party open to the accusation that your fixation is driven by anti-semitism ? Of course you will say it isn't, but if it's not then what is it, what does drive this fixation with the Jewish State of Israel, to the exclusion of every other dubious, authoritarian, murderous regime in the world, of which there are many ?
    Last edited by sinkov; 06-10-2019 at 04:56 PM.

At least you now openly acknowledge Israel is a dubious, authoritarian, murderous regime. For some particular reason that I cannot really put my finger, on I expect more from the Jewish people.
    I suppose the trials and tribulations they went through at the hands of Nazi fascism, would have taught them the lessons of humanity. I'm very disappointed to be proved wrong.

B T : ......''but for the life in me I cannot understand how you guys and the Palestinians will not accept a Two State solution.

In short. The Green Line of the West Bank at a middle point is 15 km's to the sea. It can not be defended against a massive army which could cut Israel into two parts ,in a matter of hours! Israel will never agree to such a situation!
    What happened after Israel declared a State ,and the Arab armies attacked. With UN mediation, fighting stopped'' and that name comes from the green ink used to draw the line on the map while the armistice talks were going on. The Green Line was intended as a demarcation line rather than a permanent border.The parties agreed that the armistice agreements would serve only as interim arrangements until replaced by permanent peace treaties.
    The Palestinians never talk about sharing ,or two states. They want the whole of Israel. They want to liberate Palestine!

Israel wants that the Palestinians recognise the State of Israel, with an end to its belligerency, and the right to live within secure and recognised boundaries.

Remember to the north 'Hezbullah' has 160 k rockets, aimed at Israel (with Iran's help) It tries to open a 2nd front in Syria! (with Iran's help) Hamas, (with Iran's help) is also armed on the southern border. Oh! yes, we have to be very active and alert!

B T : ......''but for the life in me I cannot understand how you guys and the Palestinians will not accept a Two State solution.

We have to look into the history of this part of the world .There have always been massacres in the Middle East. (You gave us the massacre of Sabra and Shatila last week,about 460 to 3500 killed,by a Christian Phalangists party). Looking at the map
    you could think yes, that area could be Palestine and west of that Israel? Israel will agree to borders (our state v's their state),but it wants secure and recognised borders!

The West Bank and Gaza Strip are disputed territories whose status can only be determined through negotiations. Occupied territories are territories captured in war from an established and recognised sovereign. As the West Bank and Gaza Strip were not under the legitimate and recognised sovereignty of any state prior to the Six Day War, they should not be considered occupied territories.

The people of Israel have ancient ties to the territories, as well as a continuous centuries-old presence there. These areas were the cradle of Jewish civilisation. Israel has rights in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, rights that the Palestinians deliberately disregard.

Despite persistent claims by the Palestinians and their supporters, occupation is not, in and of itself, illegal. It does not violate international law. Political motivations lie behind the claim that Israel's presence in the territories is illegal. Israel's presence in the territories is not illegal. ( cont)

Israel's presence in the territories began in 1967 as a direct result of the aggressive actions of Israel's neighbours that forced Israel into a war of self-defence.

U N Resolution 242 does not require Israel to withdraw from all the territories gained as a result of the 1967 war, as the Arab regimes claim. Instead, the resolution deliberately restricts itself to calling for Israel's withdrawal "from territories" while recognising the right to live within secure and recognised boundaries.

Many states hold onto territory taken in a war - particularly a war of self-defence - until a peace treaty is negotiated.

Israel's presence in the territories continued after 1967 as the Arab regimes refused to negotiate with Israel despite continuous and genuine Israeli offers of peace. For close to a quarter century, the Palestinians refused to abandon terrorism and conduct peaceful negotiations.

Or watch this video?

https://youtu.be/1kYWII25cxM

Balan , PLEASE tell me this is bollox...?

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20...pos=0&at_tot=1

I would not say '' bollox'. I would say stupidity on the part of the Hamas or these Palestinians. I showed you a web site of 'Electronic Intifada' you do not want to look,or comment about it . Do you think any truth can come out of Gaza ?? What you want to see you look at ,what you do not want to look at? ''Be a man!''

Latest Palestinian Blood Libel: The Case Of The Thirsty Old Woman (Updated)
    By David Lange -January 21, 2015

A few weeks ago, IDF Spokesperson in Arabic Avichay Adraee tweeted the following photo of an IDF soldier giving a drink to an elderly palestinian woman.
    Palestinians and their supporters responded to this with the claim we shot and killed her moments later. For example:
    https://www.israellycool.com/2015/01...sty-old-woman/

During the Israeli bombardment and shelling of the Gaza Strip last summer.......

This is how Ahmad Qdeh, a journalist in Al-Aqsa TV, described the scene that he witnessed during the latest Israeli aggression.

While the motionless woman does seem to be the same one being given the drink, it does not constitute proof she is dead (she might be resting). Furthermore, there is no sign of blood or a wound as one would expect in the case of someone shot in the head from one meter as claimed.

Also, a Google search of her name reveals all the reports of her being shot at close range originate after Avichay Adraee posted on January 2nd the photo of the soldier giving her water. But her death supposedly occurred on August 3rd. Why the radio silence for 6 months? (cont )

The only earlier mentions of her name are here.

Khan Younis Governorate
    Morning – Evening Paramedics and civil defence forces recovered 10 bodies, including Ghalia Abu Rida and nine resistance fighters from the rubble of destroyed houses in Khuza’a and Absan al-Kabira. They were killed following the shelling of the area.

And this from PCHR Gaza:
    – In the morning, medical crews recovered the bodies of a woman and 9 members of Palestinian armed groups from the debris of destroyed homes in Khuza’a and ‘Abassan villages. The woman was identified as Ghalia al-‘Abed Abu Raida.

Here, her death is reported in connection with an IDF shelling of Khan Younis on August 3rd, and not a deliberate execution-style killing as is now being claimed.

So what we seem to have here is another example of palestinians and Israel haters lying in order to demonize Israel. Assuming Ghalia was killed (which is also not certain), it would seem to have been due to a strike on an area from where rockets were launched (given the bodies of 9 terrorists were supposedly recovered with hers). Then after Avichay Adraee posted the photo, the story was changed to one of a close-range execution, as a way to counter the photo’s effectiveness.

Update: As commenter The Reader points out, Ghalia’s name does not even appear on the Gaza Health Ministry casualty list, and it is highly unlikely it would appear as ‘unidentified’, given the name was mentioned elsewhere.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/middl...846549528.html

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    At least you now openly acknowledge Israel is a dubious, authoritarian, murderous regime. For some particular reason that I cannot really put my finger, on I expect more from the Jewish people.
    I suppose the trials and tribulations they went through at the hands of Nazi fascism, would have taught them the lessons of humanity. I'm very disappointed to be proved wrong.
    Saying that you ignore other dubious, authoritarian, murderous regimes, which you routinely do BT, is not to say that that I consider the Jewish State of Israel one such. But the Jewish State of Israel is fighting a battle for it's survival, and it quite rightly intends to win that battle by any and every means possible. That I accept, and it's why I've pointed out on here why it would be advantageous for Palestinians to keep away from the Border, the IDF will defend that border in any way they deem necessary, I have no illusions about them, they are hard nosed *******s and I wouldn't go near them in a security situation, which is why I constantly offer my well meaning advice to Palestinians to keep well clear also. Provoking the IDF is not conducive to good health or a long life.

So your concern is not really for the poor buggers in Gaza, or poor buggers anywhere else for that matter, nor are you driven by anti-Semitism, your fixation with, and constant carping and criticism of, the Jewish State of Israel is due to your high expectations of the Jewish people and your disappointment that they haven't learnt the lessons of humanity ?

Have I got that right, sounds a bit of a far fetched excuse for such an obsession to me, an obsession which seems to run through the body of the Labour Party like a stick of Blackpool rock. Are you sure there's not just a ****y weeny bit of anti-Semitism in there, is it really all a right wing media plot, are you all squeaky clean BT ?

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)