+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Corbyn gone

Corbyn gone

Looks like a lot of people were miffed about mr Corbyn ( can’t say we didn’t warn you BT ).
    Anyway at least Brexit is going to get done and we’ve a chance of defending ourselves against terrorism going forward.

I’m so pleased we can now get on with the job in hand ,

Looks like Swinson got it completely wrong as well , I wander if it was telling us All we had it wrong and voted incorrectly.
    News in Swinson goes as well.

A clean out and new start perhaps today is a good day.

Three out of the four main leaders have effectively gone.

Let's give Boris a year before we all agree that the bloke shouldn't be anywhere near Downing Street.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

Let's give Boris a year before we all agree that the bloke shouldn't be anywhere near Downing Street.
    You're just like all the rest in the lefty, so-called progressive bubble 59, his opponents have been under-estimating him for years, believing all the groupthink they read on Twitter, Facebook, the Indie, the Grauniad and the BBC. He could never win a mayoral election in a lefty city like London. Well OK, but he could never win a 2nd term in a now even more lefty city like London. Well OK, but with him running the campaign, Leave could never win the referendum. Well OK, but he'd never win the Tory leadership contest, some Tories were even saying it would be 'over my dead body'. Well OK, but he'd never get the EU to re-open Mays Withdrawal agreement. Well OK, but he'd never win a General Election. And on it goes, you never learn do you ?

How many times do you have to be wrong, before some light penetrates the darkness ?
    Last edited by sinkov; 14-12-2019 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You're just like all the rest in the lefty, so-called progressive bubble 59, his opponents have been under-estimating him for years, believing all the groupthink they read on Twitter, Facebook, the Indie, the Grauniad and the BBC. He could never win a mayoral election in a lefty city like London. Well OK, but he could never win a 2nd term in a now even more lefty city like London. Well OK, but with him running the campaign, Leave could never win the referendum. Well OK, but he'd never win the Tory leadership contest, some Tories were even saying it would be 'over my dead body'. Well OK, but he'd never get the EU to re-open Mays Withdrawal agreement. Well OK, but he'd never win a General Election. And on it goes, you never learn do you ?

How many times do you have to be wrong, before some light penetrates the darkness ?
    Certainly food for thought sinkov, even for a non-affiliated political man like myself!

Three out of the four main leaders have effectively gone.

I would have thought 59 that you’d just stay quiet and eat your humble pie this week ,

Like we have said from the start , the man won fair and square give him a chance and let him get on with it now,

It’s almost like Brexit isn’t it we lost the vote but we’re going to carry on going on about it until we just get our own way.

Sometimes you just have to accept a result and get behind the man

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

Ooh! you cheeky monkey. You have made a lot of stuff up there.

First of all I make my own mind up on things - I don't bother reading opinion pieces from the daily rags.

On the London mayor elections - I never had an opinion, I was not interested in them at all. On the referendum campaign - I never once said that leave could never win. In the Tory leadership campaign - I remember telling you that Boris was a shoe-in.
    In the GE Boris and Dominic ran a very effective campaign by dodging most issues and using the same three word mantra over and over again - and it worked perfectly. Fair enough - but he simply can't hide from scrutiny as PM.

I stand by my belief that Boris is not fit to be PM for many reasons. And if we revisit this in 12 months time then I am sure that the public will have him sussed.

".........I stand by my belief that Boris is not fit to be PM for many reasons. And if we revisit this in 12 months time then I am sure that the public will have him sussed."

That could well be the case, however, it only took them 5 months to suss out Jo!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    ".........I stand by my belief that Boris is not fit to be PM for many reasons. And if we revisit this in 12 months time then I am sure that the public will have him sussed."

That could well be the case, however, it only took them 5 months to suss out Jo!
    True Super! The election came too soon for her and she showed her inexperience

Mind you, we were frozen out of coverage by the media who treated it as a two horse race from the start.

When Labour knocked on my door I said I would never vote for a communist PM, a man who loves Britains enemies, a man who defied the wishes of 17.4 mill of the people despite saying that he would in the 2017 election. So it is not just claret in Burnleys badge, but blue and claret.

True Super! The election came too soon for her and she showed her inexperience

Mind you, we were frozen out of coverage by the media who treated it as a two horse race from the start.
    Strange that you blame the media because, in my constituency, not one candidate or helper from any party knocked on my door and I live in quite a large estate. There were 6 candidates in total and the only one that I had heard of was the current encumbent because he had been in place since 2010.
    In truth, they all just play at it and are more than willing to accept the salary if elected!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)