+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: FFS Free Palestine

I'll try to load this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    So leaving Gaza is made difficult by Hamas no less than by other bodies. But the real OP question is WHY?

A poll conducted by the Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research in Judea and Samaria and the Gaza Strip between June 29 and July 1, 2017 reported that 47% of the residents of the Gaza Strip would emigrate were they given the chance. [Face-to-face interviews were conducted with a random sample of 1,200 adults in 120 residential locations with an error rate of 3%.] Here are just some of the consequences of significant emigration of Palestinians out of the Strip:

Such extreme lack of support for Hamas leadership and management would be devastatingly embarrassing.
    The loss of the lucrative businesses of taxes on smuggled merchandise from the illegal tunnels into Egypt, along with the present, ongoing Hamas exit permits (for round-trips) would be a heavy financial blow.
    The heavy taxes all the people are required to pay the government is very much needed, especially since Abbas (the Palestinian Authority) has increasingly been cutting off funds to Gaza.
    The purpose of Hamas is to the ‘reclaim’ land allegedly belonging to Gazan inhabitants. If the people choose to move away to live in other countries, Hamas loses its reason for being.
    Hamas needs its people to supply its fighters. It needs its civilians to shield its fighters.
    Hamas needs people to stay in its Gazan refugee camps (even though they are already in their Palestinian homeland!) in order to keep up the flow of money from international organizations for ‘refugees’.
    A significant exodus would make it much more difficult to maintain that Palestinians are united behind the inflexible Hamas goal of replacing Israel with an all-Arab country.
    The Israelis continue to murder defenceless civilians. If one of the world's greatest intellects can see it, why can't Trump and Johnson et al?

Attachment 14325

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-a4243301.html

Labour Party anti-Semitism, it just won't go away. Incidentally, the police didn't just investigate the anti-Semitic banner, they physically removed it.
    This genocide is not going away either sinkov...

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/n...vQTwmEPCZ3ntfM

Misquoting Noam Chomsky on Gaza

Posted on Sunday, November 18, 2012
    https://ceasefiremagazine.co.uk/it-m...-chomsky-gaza/

A recent quote attributed to Noam Chomsky, on Israel's current assault on Gaza, has been widely circulated over the past few days. Except that it is neither recent nor (entirely) by Chomsky. It’s often titled “Noam Chomsky statement on Gaza” and it goes like this:
    ''The incursion and bombardment of Gaza is not about destroying Hamas. It is not about stopping rocket fire into Israel, it is not about achieving peace. The Israeli decision to rain death and destruction on Gaza, to use lethal weapons of the modern battlefield on a largely defenseless civilian population, is the final phase in a decades-long campaign to ethnically-cleanse Palestinians.........Israel uses sophisticated attack jets and naval vessels to bomb densely-crowded refugee camps, schools, apartment blocks, mosques, and slums to attack a population etc etc.

Now, though we recognise some familiar elements here, a few turns of phrase didn’t sound right. And with some quick online searching, the following (undated) Chris Hedges essay turns up, which begins in the following way:

''The incursion and bombardment of Gaza is not about destroying Hamas. It is not about stopping rocket fire into Israel. It is not about achieving peace. The Israeli decision to rain death and destruction on Gaza, to use lethal weapons of the modern battle field.....

Rather, it’s been lifted from the (excellent) 2004 documentary Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land.

B T: Don't be a naughty boy .We know you try . (Arab propaganda, be careful !!!!!)

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-...firm-1.8125586

Israeli airstrikes killed 13 Palestinians in the Gaza Strip on Wednesday, said Palestinian officials, including a man and two of his sons whom Gazans say weren’t connected to any armed faction. Wednesday’s deaths brought the Gazan death toll to 23 over the past two days.

But the deaths of Mohammed Ayyad, 54, Islam Ayyad, 24, and Ameer Ayyad, 7, attracted particular attention in Palestinian and other Arab media because none of them was connected to any armed group or involved in any way in attacks on Israel, according to information obtained by Haaretz. Some of this information came from an investigation by Gazan researchers from the Al Mezan Center for Human Rights.

According to eyewitness testimony, the three were hit at the entrance to their home near a mosque in Gaza City’s Zeitoun neighborhood. Relatives said they were about to go visit a family member hospitalised in the city’s Shifa Hospital. But other sources said Mohammed Ayyad had just returned home on his motorcycle from a plot of land he owns, and that his sons had come out of the house to greet him.

Video clips circulated on social media showed the family matriarch emerging from her home and crying out as she saw her husband and sons lying dead.

“I heard the explosions and had a bad feeling that my family had been hit,” she said. “I went outside and saw the three of them wallowing in their blood.

BT: Your first post it's written .
    '' Israel killed me, my brother, and my father. ...... and assassinated today by an F-16 warplane while sleeping.

HaAretz is a left wing against Likud and Natanyahu!

I don't know how you can justify this any longer Balan..?

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/i...J0q3QAyR3k3wC8

Surely this was something which the Middle East Peace Envoy shouldhave sorted out --remind me --what was his name?
    It would also be a good opportunity for that other Labour Leader to get involved and go and sort it out --remind me --what is his name?
    They all talk about it but do absolutely nothing in practice to solve any problems --but they still keep taking the money!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I don't know how you can justify this any longer Balan..?

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/i...J0q3QAyR3k3wC8
    I notice the word 'reportedly' is used initially, which suddenly becomes fact. Hmmm, more FAKE NEWS ? You have to wonder because that piece also claims IDF solders were firing live rounds into the crowd...……..but only one man was killed......reportedly ? Only one, are they bad with their lamps these Israelis, or is this just more FAKE NEWS ?

It might turn out to have been a good week for the poor bloody Palestinians, Hamas has kept out of it while Israel has bombed the ****e out of Islamic Jihad. Have they at last learned an obvious lesson, don't bother Israel and they won't bother you ? If they have, life could be about to get a whole lot better for those poor buggers in Gaza, but whether the mad mullahs in Tehran will allow their proxies to back off I very much doubt, bur you never know, one day common sense will prevail, but who knows when.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Israel is the most condemned nation at the United Nations. Despite representing only 0.1% of the world’s population, Israel has received 78% of the UN’s condemnations. In contrast, the Palestinian terrorists of Hamas have not received a single condemnation from the UN. This is why the United Nations is referred to as “the epicentre of global anti-Semitism”.

It is important to note that most UN resolutions passed against Israel are not legally binding and all of them are blatantly one-sided against Israel, ignoring the atrocities of the Palestinians and denying the Jewish history in Israel.

It is important to note that most UN resolutions passed against Israel are not legally binding and all of them are blatantly one-sided against Israel, ignoring the atrocities of the Palestinians and denying the Jewish history in Israel.

Emily Thornberry says “Labour will recognise Palestine… NOW”

https://www.facebook.com/WeAreNotNumbers

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)