+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BOJO. The end.

I have been up all night trying to come up with a sensible solution to all of this now. My brain hurts, I'm off to bed.

Regardless of party we should let Boris deliver Brexit be it with an agreed deal or without and then have the election to see who will lie to us for the next 5 years.

I’m still bemused at politicians against the will of the people whom we voted for to be there in the first place to represent us the people.

Watched Kinnock on sky news last night and he said whilst he’d voted to remain his constituents had in the majority voted leave and now as a politician he was accepting that and trying to deliver on behalf of his constituents.
    He also said that labour was basically a remain party now and that was the opposite to whom he represented.
    It was quite refreshing really a man just telling the truth , sadly he’ll be *******ised by his own party for trying to deliver the will of his people.

Where does that leave you BT you voted leave like me and yet Jezza is now about turn completely and wants to remain so we’re told , how does that sit with you that they don’t want to deliver Brexit either.

The liberals have gone mad as far as I’m concerned there is no democracy in their world.

I can see violence coming because whilst the public were interviewed across the country there are an awful lot f angry people about the way politicians and parliament have behaved, even yesterday the 8 who raised the case against Boris smiling and thumbs up laughing while we still don’t have a deal or commitment to leave.

It’s like we’ve said for months on here politicians are motivated by their own status and position and purely by that not the people they represent which is sad in my opinion.
    We all have to do things we don’t want to at times but you simply can’t say I’m not doing it and dig your heels in when it doesn’t suit.

I feel there will be a lot of people don’t vote if we let labour or liberals have the so called 2nd referendum which will be a shame.

Said it before and I’ll say it again a clear out top to bottom is required in British politics and until that happens we are still and will always be in the sh-t show as you call it Bt.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Would it really though Sinkov?

Presuming we have a GE after 31st October - which is practically certain - then the Brexit Party will stand in every seat.They won't win many seats but will badly effect the Tory vote.

With the hard remainers going to the Lib Dems Labour will be badly squeezed by both sides.

My fag packet says...

Tory 200
    Labour 200
    Lib Dem 120
    SNP 50
    Brexit 30

Then the horse trading starts. The only way we can make that work is if Lab/Lib Dem/SNP form some kind of Government.

BUT...problem with that is that the Lib Dems won't work with Corbyn. The Lib Dems won't agree with IndyRef 2 in Scotland.

I can actually see a GE producing a more difficult situation in Parliament than we have now.

BUT...perhaps we could have a short term coalition in order to get a second referendum.

To be honest, who the hell knows?
    All the above is by the by 59, we don't have a functioning government, we're now being run by a partisan Speaker, a mob of backbench MPs and unelected activist judges. This would be a shameful position for even a banana republic to find itself in, our government does not have a majority in the Commons, so we must be given the chance to elect one that does.

It's a shame 59, you are clearly a person of integrity and intelligence, you know deep down what must happen, but you're also a member of the LibDems, and feel an obligation to toe the party line, but you shouldn't let base party political manoeuvrings affect your good judgement, you're better than that, I know you are.
    Last edited by sinkov; 25-09-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Turns out Brexiters aren't so keen on British judges enforcing British laws after all.

Speaking for myself, and as a Lib Dem, I am very happy that we are doing everything possible to stop a no deal Brexit on 31st October.
    After this date we relish the prospect of an election.
    But Boris cannot be trusted. He shut down Parliament in an attempt to run the clock down which would have meant that we would have left on 31st October with no deal. He failed in that.
    But I don't trust him with this matter until the 31st October deadline has passed. He has already said that he won't ask the EU for an extension and that we will leave on 31st October - deal or no deal.
    It appears that, according to the law, he will be obliged to ask for the extension but I simply don't trust the bloke to try to pull another stunt.
    The Lib Dems meanwhile are attempting to guarantee 100% that Boris MUST ask for the extension (unless a new deal is agreed and ratified by Parliament) and to get this water tight guarantee in place before October 17th.
    Once that is in place then we will be calling for a GE as soon as possible.
    If a GE was called right now then Parliament would be shut down and be unable to do anything until after 31st October.

Obviously you take a different view from the Lib Dems, Labour, SNP etc in that you want a no deal Brexit and so you want a GE calling now.
    If we had a Prime Minister that we could trust we might just agree with you, but we haven't.

I said after the referendum that a no deal Brexit will never be allowed to happen and how right I was.Democracy has now been exposed as a fallacy in the UK.
    There was a vote-the biggest ever turnout in UK history-and the overwhelming vote was for leave the EU with or without a deal.There was then an election where all parties promised to honour the result of the referendum.
    No more needs to be said except this:-

Obituary
    UK Democracy on 29th March 2019 aged 312.It was with sad regret that Democracy died quietly in her sleep at 11p.m. on the 29th March 2019.The cause of death was foul play and the culprits have yet to be brought to justice.Democracy campaigned for the rule of law, human rights and free elections.She listened to everyone and favoured the majority in all her decisions.She will be sorely missed.God have mercy on her soul.

Its a shambles CiB. I am still mystified that the proroguing of Parliament never happened. I am mystified how a bloke with a minus majority of 45 is still calling the shots. I am totally gobsmacked that the supposed Home of Democracy does not respect the will of the people and stand by the Brexit referendum result.

Frankly, I see no point whatsoever in a General Election unless Labour win it!

Attachment 13969

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Turns out Brexiters aren't so keen on British judges enforcing British laws after all.

Speaking for myself, and as a Lib Dem, I am very happy that we are doing everything possible to stop a no deal Brexit on 31st October.
    After this date we relish the prospect of an election.
    But Boris cannot be trusted. He shut down Parliament in an attempt to run the clock down which would have meant that we would have left on 31st October with no deal. He failed in that.
    But I don't trust him with this matter until the 31st October deadline has passed. He has already said that he won't ask the EU for an extension and that we will leave on 31st October - deal or no deal.
    It appears that, according to the law, he will be obliged to ask for the extension but I simply don't trust the bloke to try to pull another stunt.
    The Lib Dems meanwhile are attempting to guarantee 100% that Boris MUST ask for the extension (unless a new deal is agreed and ratified by Parliament) and to get this water tight guarantee in place before October 17th.
    Once that is in place then we will be calling for a GE as soon as possible.
    If a GE was called right now then Parliament would be shut down and be unable to do anything until after 31st October.

Obviously you take a different view from the Lib Dems, Labour, SNP etc in that you want a no deal Brexit and so you want a GE calling now.
    If we had a Prime Minister that we could trust we might just agree with you, but we haven't.
    You make that sound like you could trust Jeremy or Jo if they were Pm 59,
    I’m not sure I’d trust any of them listening to them, yours has no interest in what the people want/ wanted and Jeremy is a snake in the grass with lots of terrorist friends.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    You make that sound like you could trust Jeremy or Jo if they were Pm 59,
    I’m not sure I’d trust any of them listening to them, yours has no interest in what the people want/ wanted and Jeremy is a snake in the grass with lots of terrorist friends.
    The Lib Dems want the people to sort this lot out Army.

Either a second referendum if it happens before a general election (the people will decide)

Or a clear manifesto pledge that we will remain if we win a general election (again, the people will decide)

Boris and Farage both promised us a better deal than we have now and we wouldn't pay the EU a penny. It would be the easiest deal to do in history.
    If I had believed them then I would have voted leave. Why wouldn't I?
    They have since changed their minds and now want to offer us leaving without a deal. I repeat, they have changed their minds.
    So the Brexit they promised us in 2016 doesn't exist.
    If you believed them then, shouldn't you be asked if YOU have changed your mind as well?

If I tried to sell you a top of the range Merc for a brilliant price and you said "yes" then should you be forced to buy it, without being asked again, if it was actually a bashed up Allegro?

YOU may be happy with a no deal but lots of other people may not agree with you now the goalposts have changed.

At least the public should be asked again.

Blow jobs for BoJo at the taxpayers' expense...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...box=1569422191

"Turns out Brexiters aren't so keen on British judges enforcing British laws after all."

I've asked you twice already 59, but for some reason you refuse to enlighten me. Which British law are the Supreme Court judges enforcing, and which law, British, EU or whatever, has Boris broken ? Please, please this time answer my question.

"But Boris cannot be trusted. He shut down Parliament in an attempt to run the clock down which would have meant that we would have left on 31st October with no deal. He failed in that."

Rather melodramatic that 59, Parliament would have lost four sitting days, it's three and a half years and counting since the referendum, what difference does another four days make ? And I'll try to get an answer to another question you've been studiously ignoring, what will Parliament do now, that it couldn't have done had the prorogation been allowed ? They're not difficult questions 59, you appear to have strong views on this subject, you're a member of the LibDems, you must have the answers, please give us the benefit of your wisdom, because quite honestly I don't the answers.
    Last edited by sinkov; 25-09-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)