+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BOJO. The end.

Sinkov please get your head around the fact the British Establishment for whatever reason, do not want the United Kingdom to leave the EU.

What I fail to understand is why the Liberal Democratic Party will not accept the democratically voted for will of the people.

Read this bit, the message will disappear in a gush of burning acid in two seconds flat, "I listened to BoJo in parliament tonight and I totally agree with him". This is a monumental stitch up.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "Turns out Brexiters aren't so keen on British judges enforcing British laws after all."

I've asked you twice already 59, but for some reason you refuse to enlighten me. Which British law are the Supreme Court judges enforcing, and which law, British, EU or whatever, has Boris broken ? Please, please this time answer my question.

"But Boris cannot be trusted. He shut down Parliament in an attempt to run the clock down which would have meant that we would have left on 31st October with no deal. He failed in that."

Rather melodramatic that 59, Parliament would have lost four sitting days, it's three and a half years and counting since the referendum, what difference does another four days make ? And I'll try to get an answer to another question you've been studiously ignoring, what will Parliament do now, that it couldn't have done had the prorogation been allowed ? They're not difficult questions 59, you appear to have strong views on this subject, you're a member of the LibDems, you must have the answers, please give us the benefit of your wisdom, because quite honestly I don't the answers.
    I have told you Sinkov, I am not an expert on law. I'll try to send you the full ruling so you can decide if the eleven supreme court judges got it right.

The question is why did Boris shut Parliament down for five weeks? At this critical time? You obviously disagree but the bloke is not to be trusted and if Parliament is shut down for no good reason, does it not raise suspicions?
    Why did he do it?

Normally there is a vote in Parliament to request a recess for party conferences. That is the way it has always been done. (Now the Tories will have to make this request for their conference next week)

You ask what Parliament can do now. Well, they will be able to act if Boris tries any dodgy stuff. There is plenty of other unfinished business to do as well you know. Believe it or not, it is not all about Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Sinkov please get your head around the fact the British Establishment for whatever reason, do not want the United Kingdom to leave the EU.

What I fail to understand is why the Liberal Democratic Party will not accept the democratically voted for will of the people.

Read this bit, the message will disappear in a gush of burning acid in two seconds flat, "I listened to BoJo in parliament tonight and I totally agree with him". This is a monumental stitch up.
    I've just told Jeremy BT

I thought he ought to know.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I have told you Sinkov, I am not an expert on law. I'll try to send you the full ruling so you can decide if the eleven supreme court judges got it right.
    The question is why did Boris shut Parliament down for five weeks? At this critical time? You obviously disagree but the bloke is not to be trusted and if Parliament is shut down for no good reason, does it not raise suspicions?
    Why did he do it?
    Normally there is a vote in Parliament to request a recess for party conferences. That is the way it has always been done. (Now the Tories will have to make this request for their conference next week)
    You ask what Parliament can do now. Well, they will be able to act if Boris tries any dodgy stuff. There is plenty of other unfinished business to do as well you know. Believe it or not, it is not all about Brexit.
    Don't bother sending the ruling 59, I've read it. There is no indication that Boris has broken any law, and there can't be because he hasn't. What I find extremely suspicious 59 is that these 11 judges were unanimous in their decision. This is astonishing, I've been reading various legal experts on this prorogation and most seemed to think it wasn't justiciable, there was some disagreement, but opinion was divided, there was certainly no unanimity on the subject. Yet these 11 all independently came to the same conclusion, that it was unlawful ? On a prorogation of which the Attorney General, the Lord Chief Justice, the Master of the Rolls, the President of the Queens Bench Division, those last three sitting in the High Court, and Lord Sumption, a retired Supreme Court judge, had all declared they were quite satisfied that it was perfectly lawful.

So I'm not arguing the case myself 59, I know nowt, but are all these eminent legal experts wrong as well, do they also know nowt ? Incidentally you were talking about the highest court in the land, but the Lord Chief Justice outranks every one of those eleven Supreme Court justices, and now they're telling him he doesn't know what he's talking about either. No wonder they were unanimous, they knew they were making an audacious power grab quite arbitrarily, simply because they could, and like mutineers on a ship, there could be no dissenters, they were working on the principal that if we don't stand together, we'll hang together.

"The question is why did Boris shut Parliament down for five weeks? At this critical time? You obviously disagree but the bloke is not to be trusted and if Parliament is shut down for no good reason, does it not raise suspicions?"

Of course I can't answer that 59, but I can have a guess. For a start it would normally be shut down in September anyway, so only four days would be lost, not five weeks, although the Supreme Court decided that those lost four days had an 'extreme' effect on Parliament's ability to do it's job, conveniently overlooking the fact they'd had three and a half years already to block Brexit, the Benn Bill had passed, and Parliament could bring down the government at any time of their choosing. But never mind that, I think it was threats by Remoan MPs to vote down the recess and keep Parliament in session that inspired the prorogation, and to a certain extent it has more or less succeeded.

"You ask what Parliament can do now. Well, they will be able to act if Boris tries any dodgy stuff"

That's illogical, if Parliament is prorogued Boris can't try any dodgy stuff, so you want an end to prorogation so you can stop him doing stuff he couldn't do if Parliament was prorogued. Sometimes I can see why you're a LibDem mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I came to that conclusion even before the referendum BT, and I think I know the reason why, for the elite, the Establishment, the EU is a means of transferring wealth from ordinary Joes like me and you to the already wealthy and privileged. Out of our taxes we send about 19 billion to the EU, they send us about 8 billion back, but my money doesn't come back to me, your money doesn't come back to you. Oh no, it goes to numerous different bodies, organisations and quangos, the charity sector, the Arts, the media, universities, the list of EU funding recipients is virtually endless, and of course the recipients don't want to be kicked off the gravy train, they want to keep their snouts in the trough, and they'll fight to keep their snouts in the trough.

Have a read of this little lot, this where our money goes.

https://ec.europa.eu/unitedkingdom/b...ng/examples_en

I'm sorry, but the real Establishment is Rees-Mogg, Boris, Gove, Cash and their ERG acolytes.

They,along with their mates, will make £££ out of a no deal. Surely you can see their real purpose.

I see today they are all back in parliament working hard as ever for the people and upholding the election promises they all made to the voters just like the Supreme court insinuated that they would! It's good to know that some things just do not change and this fantastic parliament is solving our problems once again. What would we ever do without them all? Pathetic.
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 26-09-2019 at 01:10 AM.

Don't bother sending the ruling 59, I've read it. There is no indication that Boris has broken any law, and there can't be because he hasn't. What I find extremely suspicious 59 is that these 11 judges were unanimous in their decision. This is astonishing, I've been reading various legal experts on this prorogation and most seemed to think it wasn't justiciable, there was some disagreement, but opinion was divided, there was certainly no unanimity on the subject. Yet these 11 all independently came to the same conclusion, that it was unlawful ? On a prorogation of which the Attorney General, the Lord Chief Justice, the Master of the Rolls, the President of the Queens Bench Division, those last three sitting in the High Court, and Lord Sumption, a retired Supreme Court judge, had all declared they were quite satisfied that it was perfectly lawful.

So I'm not arguing the case myself 59, I know nowt, but are all these eminent legal experts wrong as well, do they also know nowt ? Incidentally you were talking about the highest court in the land, but the Lord Chief Justice outranks every one of those eleven Supreme Court justices, and now they're telling him he doesn't know what he's talking about either. No wonder they were unanimous, they knew they were making an audacious power grab quite arbitrarily, simply because they could, and like mutineers on a ship, there could be no dissenters, they were working on the principal that if we don't stand together, we'll hang together.

"The question is why did Boris shut Parliament down for five weeks? At this critical time? You obviously disagree but the bloke is not to be trusted and if Parliament is shut down for no good reason, does it not raise suspicions?"

Of course I can't answer that 59, but I can have a guess. For a start it would normally be shut down in September anyway, so only four days would be lost, not five weeks, although the Supreme Court decided that those lost four days had an 'extreme' effect on Parliament's ability to do it's job, conveniently overlooking the fact they'd had three and a half years already to block Brexit, the Benn Bill had passed, and Parliament could bring down the government at any time of their choosing. But never mind that, I think it was threats by Remoan MPs to vote down the recess and keep Parliament in session that inspired the prorogation, and to a certain extent it has more or less succeeded.

"You ask what Parliament can do now. Well, they will be able to act if Boris tries any dodgy stuff"

That's illogical, if Parliament is prorogued Boris can't try any dodgy stuff, so you want an end to prorogation so you can stop him doing stuff he couldn't do if Parliament was prorogued. Sometimes I can see why you're a LibDem mon ami.
    Absolutely brilliant post sinkov. The Supreme Court is independent in this country (Trump gets to nominate his own Supreme Court judges!) but they were making up this law on the hoof. The opposition are really a disgrace. Baying for Johnson’s resignation but afraid of putting themselves before the Electorate. The worst of these by a country mile is Corbyn. How this friend of IRA/Hamas/Hezbollah can put himself forward as our PM is an insult.

I wonder if the Supreme Court is taking stock this morning. They sent Parliament back to do their job and guess what they are still not doing it unless screaming and shouting and behaving like a bunch of idiots is indeed their full-time occupation.

Spot on sinkov. Fancy a job in the House of Commons?

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)