+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: BOJO. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...ttle-englander

https://bnp.org.uk/brexit-is-our-destiny/

https://www.britainfirst.org/policies

Like I say, "Now, I am not calling Brexiteers racists and Little Englanders.

But...

Why are there so many racists and Little Englanders in the Brexit camp, and very few in remain camp?"
    "an English person who thinks England is better than all other countries, and that England should only work together with other countries when there is an advantage for England in doing so"

What a peculiar definition 59, on the first part, I would think most people are proud of their origins, try denigrating Scotland in a Glasgow pub, and don't forget to pick your teeth up on the way out, try living in France as I have, and you will be left in no doubt that you're living in God's chosen country and amidst God's chosen people. Watch the anthems being sung before every RU World Cup game, need I go on ? As for the second part, it's just meaningless to me, I don't know anyone who thinks like that, although you do seem to be afraid we might not get an advantageous trade deal with the USA, is that what you mean by Little Englander ?

I think the next two links are BNP, I don't read any of their odious stuff, of no interest to me and of no relevance to Brexit, there's more than enough Fascism emanating from the LibDems these days, more than enough for me thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Why must everything come back to racism half the problems in this country are created with the terminology you are using and alluding to.
    Is that really the best you can come up with
    I find it infuriating when an argument - discussion just isn’t going the way people want it.
    I know we’ll throw the race card in.
    It's sad when otherwise sensible, intelligent, people stoop so low army, but it's straight out of the Left's playbook, when you're losing an argument, play the race card.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's sad when otherwise sensible, intelligent, people stoop so low army, but it's straight out of the Left's playbook, when you're losing an argument, play the race card.
    Oooh! That's a bit rich after you sniff out any semblance of anti-antisemitism in the Labour party and ram in down BT's throat.

The two links were BNP and Britain First. You can add Leave.EU to the list and EDL was another before it was banned and below is the National Front.
    http://www.nationalfront.org/

Now, I realise that there are no racists on this forum (but I took exception to a post by BT yesterday that you endorsed) but I stand by my point. Why do all these racist, Little England groups fervently believe in Brexit? And, believe me, I have spoken to loads of people on the doorstep who would vote for one of the above but find their choice limited to the Brexit Party - who they currently support.
    Yes, they are (hopefully) in a small minority but they do exist.

I think we all agree that Brexit will harm the economy, limit peaceful integration with our European neighbours, make it more difficult to visit, work in and live on the continent, will harm our security by ceasing to share information, threaten Irish peace, threaten the quick delivery of medical and scientific goods and very likely create tension between the UK and the rest of Europe.

All that would be a massive self inflicted wound on our country - and I cannot in any way support it.

Like I say, if it works out well, a kind of Boris La La Land, then I will celebrate and admit that I was wrong.

Let's see where we are in 6 months eh? Judge the situation in May to see if things are better than they are now.

I know nothing of these groups 59, if they are indeed racist then I can't begin to fathom how their minds work, and I'm really not going to try to. You tell me racists support Brexit, I wouldn't know, you seem to know all about it, so you tell me, why do these racist groups support Brexit ?

I can only suggest that if you object to posters pointing out that you're playing the race card, then don't play it.

I only ram anti-Semitism in Labour down BT's throat when he rams his anti-Israeli propaganda down mine. If BT stops his anti-Israeli propaganda, and I'm not suggesting he should, he can post whatever he likes for me, then I'll stop posting about anti-Semitism in the Labour Party. In a similar vein, if you don't play the race card, then I won't/can't point out that you're playing the race card.

"I think we all agree that Brexit will harm the economy, limit peaceful integration with our European neighbours, make it more difficult to visit, work in and live on the continent, will harm our security by ceasing to share information, threaten Irish peace, threaten the quick delivery of medical and scientific goods and very likely create tension between the UK and the rest of Europe."

I agree there will be some harm to the economy in the short term, I expect that harm to be greater and longer lasting now due the refusal of Remoaner MPs to sanction spending on no deal preparations, and indeed to actually cease any preparations at all for a long period, and the intransigence of the EU whose main aim in the negotiations has been to ensure our economy will suffer after we have left. It need not have been this way, but the lengths the EU and Remoan MPs have gone to, to sabotage the leaving process has surprised even this cynical old git in the Ribble valley. In the longer term I expect our economy to thrive once we have truly thrown off the EU shackles, although god knows how long that will take.

Why you think we have to be in the EU to integrate peacefully with our European neighbours I have no idea. Canada and the USA for example, seem to be peacefully integrated neighbours, without one trying to tell the other how to run it's affairs.

Yes it will make it more difficult to visit, work and live on the continent, but only marginally so, get yourself down to London and see the number of Yanks, Aussies, Saffers etc. visiting, living and working there, those countries are not in the EU, we are, but it doesn't cause them any insurmountable problem. I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill with this one 59. or are you Remoaners just lazy, want everything on a plate ?

Sharing security info, if Brexit means this ends then politicians on both sides are even more infantile and moronic than I think they are, which is saying something, they are grown ups aren't they, surely they grew out of short pants years ago. Am I supposed to worry about this ? If they can't resolve this issue then I fecking give up.

Threaten Irish peace ? Aye if you and your Remoan chums say so. Bollox I say.

Quick delivery of medical supplies etc, easily resolved, unless certain parties want to play silly beggars, but I can't do anything about that.

Tension between us and the rest of Europe, well the EU are doing their best to stoke it at a political level, I'm sure the average European is looking on with bemusement at the antics of politicians on both sides, just as we are. But I'll be off to Paris and Madrid soon, and in neither city will I find any tension or animosity, nothing will have changed, the good folk of Europe as a whole have a healthy contempt for their politicians as well. Ask M Macron.

A fair summation Sinkov.

I would say that our economy will be in the doldrums for quite a long time and we will look back on our EU years as a golden era. We shall see.

The integration bit was about limiting free movement of people and goods - which I think is brilliant.

BTW, if you are going to Paris then don't forget your travel insurance. I think Spain are one of the three nations that will honour the reciprocal medical service - but I may be wrong.

as I see it, can blame this or that, it matters little "is but a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours" The pieces are in place, and set to implode - because as a hindrance to the New the board has to be cleared, the old system discredited into invalidation.
    So a starter for 10 - destabilization - of minds money and stuff....all shuffled to the edge and ready for adjustment - where the break is made through an interdependent fuse linked to a Global eruption.
    Ready thyselves for the Storm folks.

It's starting to feel like a Civil War to me. I wonder if the rancour and division will simply melt away once this Brexit malarkey is resolved?
    Somehow I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It's starting to feel like a Civil War to me. I wonder if the rancour and division will simply melt away once this Brexit malarkey is resolved?
    Somehow I don't think so.
    When one of our major political parties tells me that they intend to overturn a democratic vote, my vote and the vote of 17.4 million others, when the Speaker of the House of Commons is going to Brussels to discuss with the EU how best to negate the result of the referendum, when unelected judges take it upon themselves to tell our elected PM what he can and cannot do in Parliament, and this is celebrated by most MPs and most of the media, then it is a Civil War BT. The repercussions from this will still be felt long after I'm dead and buried.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    When one of our major political parties tells me that they intend to overturn a democratic vote, my vote and the vote of 17.4 million others, when the Speaker of the House of Commons is going to Brussels to discuss with the EU how best to negate the result of the referendum, when unelected judges take it upon themselves to tell our elected PM what he can and cannot do in Parliament, and this is celebrated by most MPs and most of the media, then it is a Civil War BT. The repercussions from this will still be felt long after I'm dead and buried.
    Indeed sinkov, indeed.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)