+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheltenham away.

Cheltenham away.

A tough assignment this one, scoring for fun at home and an ex player in Luke Varney who knows where the net is. However, the lads are made of sterner stuff this season and it shouldn't faze them. I'd settle for a point now but this side have the ability to outplay any side in this division. I'm guessing Dave will go unchanged or does he swap Owen Dale for Dan Powell?

Yes, if we do well out of the next two games we really are going places. Onwards and upwards. I'm away at the moment and return for our home game against the West country lot from Swindon

It’s Crewe vs the West Country at the top of the League right now!

Yes, it's wierd that the West country are doing so well in our divison at the moment. Interesting to see what happens tomorrow. Didn't we have one of 'those games' against them last season?
    Anyway, I'll be listening in from Baku tomorrow night ( 6.00 KO local time)

Goalless draw last season, one of ‘those games’ at home.

Of course it's tomorrow night from now! (I'm getting old!!!!)

So what are the odds on Varney getting a couple?

Well he didn't!
    Another interesting stat- we commited a total of 7 fouls and received 5 yellows. What's going on????

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Well he didn't!
    Another interesting stat- we commited a total of 7 fouls and received 5 yellows. What's going on????
    The ref did not give a foul for Perry's 2nd card and allowed play to carry on. According to the Cheltenham forum the ref cannot allow play to continue if a red card is to issued. Anyone know if this is correct?

I think that’s rubbish. In any event, he issued a yellow card, which happened to be Perry’s second. Therefore, even if such a law existed, it wouldn’t apply in this instance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast