+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 down, 30 to go, next up Morton at home

6 down, 30 to go, next up Morton at home

Another big match, Morton imo will improve as the season goes under Hopkin, they have won all three home games but lost all three on the road (at Ayr, Inverness and a narrow 1-0 defeat in dumfries last away game), they were scoring for fun and leaking them but seemed to have tightened things up last two weeks having got a cleansheet v Dundee

I can't see them being able to do what Arbroath did or they will lose comfortably imo so would expect a bit more open game

For us we will be looking to keep our 100% home record up in the league and I think we will

Line up I'd like to see...

Seigrist
    L.Smith Butcher Reynolds Robson
    McMullan Harkes Stanton Sporle
    Shankland Appere

Deniz Brown Watson King Chalmers Pawlett C.Smith

Prediction
    3-1 Utd

Other games
    QotS v Dundee (Fri 7:05 ko)
    Arbroath v Ayr
    Dunfermline v Alloa
    Inverness v Partick

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Another big match, Morton imo will improve as the season goes under Hopkin, they have won all three home games but lost all three on the road (at Ayr, Inverness and a narrow 1-0 defeat in dumfries last away game), they were scoring for fun and leaking them but seemed to have tightened things up last two weeks having got a cleansheet v Dundee

I can't see them being able to do what Arbroath did or they will lose comfortably imo so would expect a bit more open game

For us we will be looking to keep our 100% home record up in the league and I think we will

Line up I'd like to see...

Seigrist
    L.Smith Butcher Reynolds Robson
    McMullan Harkes Stanton Sporle
    Shankland Appere

Deniz Brown Watson King Chalmers Pawlett C.Smith

Prediction
    3-1 Utd

Other games
    QotS v Dundee (Fri 7:05 ko)
    Arbroath v Ayr
    Dunfermline v Alloa
    Inverness v Partick
    Totally agree with this starting line-up. with Chalmers, Pawlett & Smith coming on as impact subs depending what's happening in midfield,and the other subs on for injury.

I'd imagine Brown will be in to put Butcher back in midfield. If that is the case I'd drop Stanton but I think it'll be Harkes.

If Brown comes in then agree should be Butcher and Harkes in the middle

Seigrist
    Smith Broon Reynolds Robson
    McMullan Harkes Butcher Pawlett
    Shankland Clark

4-4-2 Clark up front wi Shankland give Appere a rest

I think this weekend could be really important for so many teams, and we really need to be in a position to capitalize.

I hope that its still too early for Hopkins to have worked his form of magic on Morton, but its a marriage of 2 elements that has loved to take points off us in the past. Also a few in our team who are suffering a bit of a dip like Smith, Appere and Stanton to an extent, along with Pawlett who i dont think is fit enough yet.

Dont like changing a winning formula, but its already been done, and some other avenues need to be explored. Brown needs to get up to speed and Sporle was good when he came on so....

Seigrist,
    Smith, Brown, Reynolds, Robson.
    McMullan, Harkes, Butcher, Sporle,
    Shankland, C Smith.

Subs, Deniz, Appere, Clark, Stanton, Watson, Chalmers, Pawlett.

Wont be there to see it though!

Clark is injured, that's why he missed Saturday, suspect he will miss this weekend too. Would love to see a 433 at the weekend. In my opinion, we haven't played 442 at all this year, has always been 4231. Would like a front 3 of Shankland McMullan and Appere. Would be good to give them a lot to think about as will set up to be tough to break down. Stanton, Harkes and Butcher in midfield for me. Pawlett needs a rest. Shame Clark is out, as think Appere could also do with a rest. McMullan will be better for his rest last week. I think we shouldn't be afraid to use the squad. Might also be a chance to give King game time. Good to get Banks and Chalmers game time if at all possible.

Fancy us for this one. Should have got a boost by the outcome on Saturday

.................. Siegrist
    Smith Butcher Reynolds Robson
    McMullan Harkes Pawlett Sporle
    ........ Shankland Appere

Hard choice between Stanton, Pawlett & C Smith as Stanton been ok there but lapsed recently and Smith not great last week albeit not played in his centre mid position and Pawlett just needs to sit a wee bit deeper and make runs from that area rather than being too far up front where he less effective

I'd happy with that line up too, might be worth a shot putting Pawlett there

A clean sheet would be nice - only one in six league games means I’m sure we ALL agree that that is one area where we could do with sharpening up.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)