+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 6 down, 30 to go, next up Morton at home

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    But he was fit enough to come on and change the game.
    We have no idea how fit or unfit he was.
    Anyway it's academic because no poster will ever convince you or Shedka regarding our manager (being stubborn and fallible) so I won't waste my time

Please don't, you revert to that when quite clearly I have said I didn't agree with a couple selections recently, however they were mostly forced... Outwith that absolutely delighted he is our manager, still young and still learning no doubt but already experienced at a club like ours in the pathway we want to take

Just thankful we sacked Csaba when we did and didn't miss out RN by a week or two like dundee AND partick did being left with mugs like mcintyre and caldwell, had we held off and dundee got him they would not have went doon for example, very pleasing

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Please don't, you revert to that when quite clearly I have said I didn't agree with a couple selections recently, however they were mostly forced... Outwith that absolutely delighted he is our manager, still young and still learning no doubt but already experienced at a club like ours in the pathway we want to take

Just thankful we sacked Csaba when we did and didn't miss out RN by a week or two like dundee AND partick did being left with mugs like mcintyre and caldwell, had we held off and dundee got him they would not have went doon for example, very pleasing
    Not really forced at Ayr Shedka, he could’ve put Butcher CH, and Harkes in midfield as WAS forced against Dundee, BUT then blew them away. Why throw Brown in for his debut? Madness.

Arbroath, Brown didn’t get a look in, says it all really.

Totally agree with your last paragraph!!

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Not really forced at Ayr Shedka, he could’ve put Butcher CH, and Harkes in midfield as WAS forced against Dundee, BUT then blew them away. Why throw Brown in for his debut? Madness.

Totally agree with your last paragraph!!
    Brown was given the weekend off to go home for the birth of his child. Expect him to start tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Brown was given the weekend off to go home for the birth of his child. Expect him to start tomorrow.
    Regardless, shouldn’t have been thrown in the previous week, against a team directly challenging for too spot.
    Robbie has done a good job since coming in, and was happy as feck how positive he setup and started the season, I just don’t understand why he felt the need to tinker at Ayr, then again against Arbroath. Really hope he reverts to his tactics in the first four games tomorrow, as Morton are no mugs, and handing them the initiative would be absolute madness.

Hoping for two up front; Appere & Shankland. McMullan on the right, with licence to come inside if it's on, and Sporle on the left mid to give us the option of getting the ball into the 'danger' (aka 'Shankland') area from either side.

Harkes/Stanton with Butch in midfield.

Smith Brown Reynolds Robson back 4.

That should really do it shouldn't it?

Pawlett and either Stanton or Harkes off the bench if need be.

Regardless.
    Hang on a second here. I disagreed with chucking in Brown against Ayr. I also disagreed with Appere suddenly becoming a left winger from having been up front alongside Shankland. But your insinuation in your previous post was that Brown was dropped for Arbroath as he was not good enough against Ayr. Brown was alright against Ayr and the defeat had nothing to do with his individual performance.

Post above specifically referring to this. The boy’s just joined. Give him a chance FFS.

Morton will set up the same as they always do with us. Foul, defend and hit us on the counter attack. They would be happy with a nil-nil game and turn the fans on our players to try and make a mistake and start hoofing the ball up to our lone striker. We need to be stàrting with a high tempo and get an early goal...you can't give these teams something to hold onto. Pace, width and attacking football please...or we will find ourselves 1-nil down and trying to break down a team with 11 men behind the ball.
    Any win will do...but I want to see a massive improvement from last week.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Morton will set up the same as they always do with us. Foul, defend and hit us on the counter attack. They would be happy with a nil-nil game and turn the fans on our players to try and make a mistake and start hoofing the ball up to our lone striker. We need to be stàrting with a high tempo and get an early goal...you can't give these teams something to hold onto. Pace, width and attacking football please...or we will find ourselves 1-nil down and trying to break down a team with 11 men behind the ball.
    Any win will do...but I want to see a massive improvement from last week.
    This is going to be every team outwith Dundee imo so we as fans better get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Hang on a second here. I disagreed with chucking in Brown against Ayr. I also disagreed with Appere suddenly becoming a left winger from having been up front alongside Shankland. But your insinuation in your previous post was that Brown was dropped for Arbroath as he was not good enough against Ayr. Brown was alright against Ayr and the defeat had nothing to do with his individual performance.
    I didn’t say the boy had a bad game, but why throw a new boy into such an important game and disrupt things? Even more so, having seen the damage done previously against the fun, with Butcher at CH and Harkes in midfield, surely that was the starting point at Ayr? He reverted to that against Arbroath, but tinkered elsewhere (e.g. Apperre).

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)