+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 6 down, 30 to go, next up Morton at home

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    I didn’t say the boy had a bad game, but why throw a new boy into such an important game and disrupt things? Even more so, having seen the damage done previously against the fun, with Butcher at CH and Harkes in midfield, surely that was the starting point at Ayr? He reverted to that against Arbroath, but tinkered elsewhere (e.g. Apperre).
    Why say then that the fact he didn’t play against Arbroath, and I quote, ‘says it all’. I merely pointed out that he missed that game for non footballing reasons. If it weren’t for that he would have started last Saturday, no question. BTW, to reinforce, I agree it was a mistake to chuck him in against Ayr, but I felt there was an inference in your previous comment questioning his ability. Truth is we really have no barometer as yet to how he’ll turn out but I’ll be very surprised if he doesn’t start today.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post

......We need to be stàrting with a high tempo and get an early goal...you can't give these teams something to hold onto. Pace, width and attacking football please...or we will find ourselves 1-nil down and trying to break down a team with 11 men behind the ball.
    Any win will do...but I want to see a massive improvement from last week.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Why say then that the fact he didn’t play against Arbroath, and I quote, ‘says it all’. I merely pointed out that he missed that game for non footballing reasons. If it weren’t for that he would have started last Saturday, no question. BTW, to reinforce, I agree it was a mistake to chuck him in against Ayr, but I felt there was an inference in your previous comment questioning his ability. Truth is we really have no barometer as yet to how he’ll turn out but I’ll be very surprised if he doesn’t start today.
    I was criticising Robbie’s team changes and the fact he dropped the boy in unexpectedly, then nowhere to be seen the following week. Never knew he had returned home for personal reasons, but he should’ve left things as they were, got the boy up to speed and familiar with his new team-mates, playing system, then introduced him. Wasn’t criticising anything you posted btw! 👍

A frustration for me last week (and most games at Tanadice) is that if we don’t get an early goal or theres too much sideways passing at the back or poor distribution from the center half’s then the crowd becomes more of a problem than an advantage. The groans and shouts from the stands only add to the nerves of our players and boost the opposition. Stick with the team if it doesn’t start the way we hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Arab_1988 View Post
    A frustration for me last week (and most games at Tanadice) is that if we don’t get an early goal or theres too much sideways passing at the back or poor distribution from the center half’s then the crowd becomes more of a problem than an advantage. The groans and shouts from the stands only add to the nerves of our players and boost the opposition. Stick with the team if it doesn’t start the way we hope.
    This is true and also important. Every three points is crucial in this league, whether against Alloa and Arbroath or other supposed lesser teams in the league. The home fans getting restless and moaning has a negative effect on the players and atmosphere. We come to Tannadice to enjoy ourselves so why not loosen up and support the team in full voice. I know someone who works closely with players at Tannadice who says the players agree that the United home support is among the most difficult to please. This needs to change

If and it’s a big if we win today and beat Alloa next Friday we’ll win the league.

Mid to high 60s will be enough for 1st place this season so if we have 21 points and 28 games to play, even an average of 1.57 would be enough.

To give that context, Laszlo had an average of 1.58 and McKinnon was 1.6. IMO it would be impossible to drop lower than that with squad we have in what is a weaker league.

Robson must be injured which is a big loss, means two that haven't been playing in the back line together in Watson and Brown, not the team id have wanted to see but not the worst line up either

Seigrist
    Watson Brown Reynolds LSmith
    Butcher Harkes
    McMullan Pawlett Sporle
    Shankland

Subseniz, C Smith, Stanton, Chalmers, King and Appere

1-0 that was quick, Lawrence

2-0 and it's that man again.

Is that 4 goals in 11 minutes for him?

Paul Mcmullan adds number 3.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)