+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawrence and Bennett...

I never wanted him gone, I said he could walk because he might not have the heart for the job, and who could blame him after the start we've had topped off with this week

He needs our love today, lets give him a standing ovation

So it looks like someone hacked your account when it said:

Hall Of Fame
    I honestly think Cocu cannot motivate them, he's lost the dressing room and there's only one way from here and that's down and him being sacked

Teh football is frigging awful and said that weeks ago. I'm all for giving him time but this is so bad we could be heading to league 1 under him."

Keogh out for 15 months, done his anterior cruciate ligament and his medial collateral ligament, only 18 months left on his contract so I think that's him done

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Keogh out for 15 months, done his anterior cruciate ligament and his medial collateral ligament, only 18 months left on his contract so I think that's him done
    I may be ‘out of step’ on this one but, I feel sorry for the bloke.
    He made a mistake and it looks like certainly his Derby career and probably his entire football career may now be finished as a result.
    He’s not been the greatest player and he’s not been the greatest of skippers either imo, but until last Tuesday he’d been Derby’s ‘Mr. Reliable’, one of the few to play through the pain barrier and never one to hide or shirk responsibility.
    Seems so sad that all that should come to an end in the way it has when all he actually seems ‘guilty’ of is getting ‘pissed’.
    Don’t suppose there’ll be any testimonial and possibly no insurance claim in the circumstances and that too is sad for a guy who has done far more good than harm where Derby County are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I may be ‘out of step’ on this one but, I feel sorry for the bloke.
    He made a mistake and it looks like certainly his Derby career and probably his entire football career may now be finished as a result.
    He’s not been the greatest player and he’s not been the greatest of skippers either imo, but until last Tuesday he’d been Derby’s ‘Mr. Reliable’, one of the few to play through the pain barrier and never one to hide or shirk responsibility.
    Seems so sad that all that should come to an end in the way it has when all he actually seems ‘guilty’ of is getting ‘pissed’.
    Don’t suppose there’ll be any testimonial and possibly no insurance claim in the circumstances and that too is sad for a guy who has done far more good than harm where Derby County are concerned.
    So, he'll get at least another 18 months wages?
    He's 33 now?
    Probably 35 if he was ever to get fit?
    Eactly how do you call it career ending?
    It was over already in reality. Just the clock running down.
    If anything, this has palyed into his hands. Can start being a football pundit no doubt. Radio /tv. Republic don't seem to have too many.
    If he hasn't banked enough by now, then being a piss head is his next career move.
    The testimonial crap is way out of date anyway.
    Sympathy? Nope, not from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    He's 33 now?
    If anything, this has palyed into his hands. Can start being a football pundit no doubt. Radio /tv. Republic don't seem to have too many.
    If he hasn't banked enough by now, then being a piss head is his next career move.
    Tricky there are times when I think your not only heartless your also brainless . Testimonals are not out of date they happen all the time the monies don't go to the player nowadays it's usually for local charities You must be brainless if you expected us to think you would be sympathetic to anything Derby You have a short memory because this site was full people saying nice things about Chris Cohen when he had to finish check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    He's 33 now?
    Tricky, we seldom agree which doesn’t bother me one jot, but you’re out of order here.
    If the diagnosis is as Stenson describes then his career is probably over...that’s how I call it ‘probably career ending’.
    Will he get another eigh**** months wages? I have no idea and I doubt if you do either.
    He’s picked up a career threatening injury in a way that wasn’t directly related to his profession. Will that be covered? I don’t know...that was my point but maybe you who know everything know better.
    You have absolutely no evidence to substantiate calling him a ‘piss head’. He was allegedly drunk last Tuesday...we’ve all been there...all made bad decisions under the influence. We haven’t all had to pay such a heavy price.
    Not sure how easy he’ll find becoming a pundit. As we’ve all noticed from his interviews he’s hardly a ‘wordsmith’ and his reputation has taken a battering.
    Not sure what it’s got to do with you and I doubt very much that RK would welcome sympathy from such a sanctimonious prat as you anyway.

Strong rumours that 2 drivers are in contention for the Barnsley game. I hope they aren't.

Paterson played well enough to keep his place. Barnsley are vulnerable down the flanks and I hope we play JML as he has speed to burn. TL would only cut inside anyway.

Well put RA, think its just thicky givin it the big un we were top of the league for a day, no one listens to his bo110x anyway

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Well put RA, think its just thicky givin it the big un we were top of the league for a day, no one listens to his bo110x anyway
    Coming from you Stenson, that is so poetic

His career is done. He was and is contracted for another 18 months. He can carry on collecting that, whilst he has surgery / rehabilitation.
    RA you really are naive with contracts aren't you?
    But then again, you had a protected career. It must be new to you.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)