+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawrence and Bennett...

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Two players embarress the club after a moral day.
    Get pissed, smash up their car and probably finish the club captains last days as a footballer, on the treatment table.
    The police arrest them and charge them.
    Like you friggin well care about Keogh, you just have to search the forum to see what you lot think of him so don't start coming all high and mighty all of a sudden

The whole episode was just chance for forest fans to have a dig, a pop, a laugh at their bitterest rivals, don't give it all that sh it like you care what happens to Keogh

Well congratulations Stenson. We know where your morals lie.
    Get pissed, smash up their car and probably finish the club captains last days as a footballer, on the treatment table.

Yet Stenson thinks it's ok, until they actually get convicted. lets ignore it and play on.

You're the Tw4t here mucker.
    I'm just glad they didn't kill anyone and it wasn't my club.
    That’s funny...when I suggested Keogh’s career was possibly over you told me I was talking rubbish.

Not sure I like the decision either but Stenson has a point...they’re innocent until proven guilty and they’re employees of DCFC until then.

Don’t ‘feed the monkey’ Stenson...especially one as full of self righteous indignation as this one.

That says it all.
    How low can you go.
    I suppose RA will be along soon, screaming they made a mistake, give em a chance.

Congratulations, you've hit the gutter.
    For the record, I haven’t defended either Lawrence or Bennett at any time.
    I’ve defended Keogh because he did make a mistake...possibly two...getting hammered and accepting a lift from someone it appears was over the limit and because I think his situation is sad.
    Also for the record...most people, including me, don’t know exactly what happened yet.
    Perhaps you in your all seeing, all knowing way already know. You’ve certainly pronounced yourself judge and jury on this one but please don’t ever start telling people what I think or believe because, as ever, you haven’t got a ‘kin clue!
    Last edited by ramAnag; 02-10-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Well congratulations Stenson. We know where your morals lie.
    Like I said before,
    We all make mistakes like remainers, I don't condone what both have done. Just hope they both learn from their mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Facking disgusting decision

Lose this tonight and Morris needs to answer for it, absolutely facking disgraceful
    That makes no sense at all.

So if we don’t lose that’s okay...and your moral crisis disappears...and why does Morris ‘need to answer’, he doesn’t pick the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    That’s funny...when I suggested Keogh’s career was possibly over you told me I was talking rubbish.

Not sure I like the decision either but Stenson has a point...they’re innocent until proven guilty and they’re employees of DCFC until then.

Don’t ‘feed the monkey’ Stenson...especially one as full of self righteous indignation as this one.
    Read it again. He's spending the rest of his contract on THE TREATMENT TABLE.
    He's done technically. Like Cohen did. He'll try to come back but will fail.At 35 he's shot it. Injuries like that finish a player.
    But at 35 it was done anyway. So don't talk bollox. He'll be well paid with his contract and will probably end up doing his coaching badges, as he tries.

Innocent? Are you stupid or what?
    Failed a road side breath test and then would be re tested at the station. They don't prosecute unless you fail that as well.
    Tell me how you believe they are innocent then? Or is that just a figure of speech as an excuse, to justify them being there?
    Embarressing to say the least.

Failing a roadside breath test just means they have to go for an evidential breath test at the station, two readings are taken and the lowest is used for prosecution assuming its above 35mg per 100ml of breath, if its below you can't just use the roadside readings, or maybe you can in thickys world I don't know

As far as I'm aware you don't get prosecuted after failing a roadside but passing the evidential(the one that counts)

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Like I said before,
    We all make mistakes like remainers, I don't condone what both have done. Just hope they both learn from their mistakes
    Surely you mean like Brexiteers? Remainers haven't been conned by a bunch of lying rich toerags.

For the record, both should have been suspended by the club pending the outcome of any internal investigation and possibly the court case. Not one to agree with Tricky, but there is a wider principle at stake here,which the club IF it has any sense of responsibility should take the lead in not having them in the team for at the very least a decent period of time.

IF they get convicted of DD then would transfer list both.

100% agree Swale. DCFC have the moral fibre of a guttersnipe, total betrayal of every family that has suffered at the hands of a DD.

Read it again. He's spending the rest of his contract on THE TREATMENT TABLE.
    He's done technically. Like Cohen did. He'll try to come back but will fail.At 35 he's shot it. Injuries like that finish a player.
    But at 35 it was done anyway. So don't talk bollox. He'll be well paid with his contract and will probably end up doing his coaching badges, as he tries.

Innocent? Are you stupid or what?
    Failed a road side breath test and then would be re tested at the station. They don't prosecute unless you fail that as well.
    Tell me how you believe they are innocent then? Or is that just a figure of speech as an excuse, to justify them being there?
    Embarressing to say the least.
    Am I stupid? Jeez...will you listen to yourself? I’d call you embarrassing but you can’t even spell the word.

Where have I said they’re ‘innocent’? Where have I defended them? That’s just what you’d like me to have said and done.

For the record then.

Everyone is ‘innocent until proven guilty’. The case hasn’t yet gone to court and I will reserve my judgement until we know a lot more.
    From what we on here know it looks very bad for them and I’d have preferred them not to have been selected last night, but I’m sure Cocu knows more than me - and dare I say it, even you - about exactly what happened and it was his decision.

Would I have selected them? No...but people with more information than you or I decided to select players still contracted to DCFC who have yet to be convicted of a driving offence.

IMO...drinking and driving...like speeding is more complex than it sometimes seems. For instance...again just imo...driving at 40mph in a 30 mph limit or outside a school is a more serious offence than driving at 70 mph on a dual carriageway in a 60 mph limit.
    Likewise driving when ‘hammered’ is a far more serious offence than driving when marginally over the limit.
    At the moment we have all seen pictures of Mason Bennett looking ‘wrecked’ and seemingly totally unfit to drive. We haven’t seen any such pictures of Lawrence.
    If they were over the limit both were in the wrong - I’ll say that again slowly just for you...’both were in the wrong’ - but we don’t know the full details yet so let’s wait and see and reserve judgement till we do.

Football is littered with examples of overpaid prima donnas behaving badly...Gazza, Stan Collymore, George Best to name but three...but where were you when Rooney, YaYa Toure, Lloris and Drinkwater were all recently done for the same offence?
    Answer...nowhere...absolutely nothing to say. Why? Because all you’re interested in is finding a stick to beat Derby County with.
    You aren’t angry, like macstheman, because the players look like they’ve done wrong and have let the club down, you’re actually delighted because you’ve been provided with some free ammunition to have a pop at Derby with.

Also for the record...it seems Rooney, Toure and Lloris all played in the next game having been arrested for drinking and driving...indeed Hugo Lloris is still captain of both club and country I believe. I’m not saying that makes it right but let’s not pretend, as you would love to, that this is just a Derby County problem.

Finally, if and when - possibly in about eleven days time - these players are found guilty of dangerous driving while under the influence of alcohol, or whatever the eventual charge is, then the situation will have changed and I may well agree with Swale and mac about the need to get rid of them. Until then it is not up to either you, me or the club to play judge and jury and I suggest you shut up about something we are all jumping to conclusions about and await the verdict.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 03-10-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)