+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawrence and Bennett...

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Rumours abound with, as yet, no corroboration as to who was in the 2 cars but an incident did happen.

Other players in the cars as passengers. Plenty of (legal) room for up to 4 passengers in each vehicle. We might have been playing a completely different team against Brum had anybody been injured or killed. Fortunately nobody was.

If the two were racing, I believe jail time is inevitable.

The bar bill. Rumoured to have been £800. Sounds a lot but they won't have been in a Weatherspoon's chomping on sausage and mash for £4.99. It will have been one of the posher places in Quarndon and, if there was 10 of them then that's 80 quid apiece. Starters at a minimum of a tenner, 30 for a main and another tenner for dessert. Bottle of wine each and there's your £800. You shouldn't drink a bottle of wine and then drive. That's a given.

If the club doesn't have rules in place on when players can drink and how late they should stop then Cocu's 1st job is to put those rules in place. His 2nd job is to fine all those players involved. The 2 who drove will obviously get sanctions. Those who weren't driving should also get sanctioned as they should have had the sense to know their mates shouldn't be driving and have ordered taxis rather than driving.
    `It must be at least £30 for a taxi to Mansfield tho!

Which, in MM terms, makes a taxi worth about £ 250,000

Keogh out too. Club statement doesn't make happy reading

****ing fuming.... out for season with serious knee injury..... who knows if it’s career ending! More than likely if it’s his knee! As club captain if he’s allowed this then the club should fine him and cancel his remaining contract! I’m having player insurance won’t cover this!

Yes, Keogh out for the season, Hudds is the new captain, all of the players in the 2 cars will be rehabilitated back into the squad and team.....

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/09/club-statement-6

I’d fkin jail em
    Talking to a derby taxi driver today and he said lawrence lives in Duffield. £5 in a taxi at the most. Bennett lives about 30 mile away. So probably £50.
    Hardly gonna break the bank is it.
    So no sympathy from me.

Quote Originally Posted by lewyman633 View Post
    I’d fkin jail em
    Talking to a derby taxi driver today and he said lawrence lives in Duffield. £5 in a taxi at the most. Bennett lives about 30 mile away. So probably £50.
    Hardly gonna break the bank is it.
    So no sympathy from me.
    And all the passengers? Would be interested to know who else willingly got in the car, happy to take the free lift / joyride, maybe even inciting the racing.

It seems the norm for DCFC this season to be honest.

I see Derby county nights out are a bit like their games. A number of shots throughout the night , hit the post once, 2 players suspended and another out injured for the season.

Boom Boom , Tish

Just seen an alleged video of Bennett puking his guts up filmed by Huddleston. If he's that drunk someone should've stopped him getting behind the wheel, and certainly shouldn't have got in as a passenger. Doesn't negate his or Lawrence's personal responsibility, but I fear there are more guilty parties than the drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Just seen an alleged video of Bennett puking his guts up filmed by Huddleston. If he's that drunk someone should've stopped him getting behind the wheel, and certainly shouldn't have got in as a passenger. Doesn't negate his or Lawrence's personal responsibility, but I fear there are more guilty parties than the drivers.
    It appears Hudds was one of those who went home at 8............ hence the captaincy.

Rumour has it at 5 or 6 who carried on. Only the 2 drivers and Keogh have been named. People should be wary of naming other names as, if you get it wrong you set yourself and footymad up for libel.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)