+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2 Derby players charged with drink driving.

Amazing what getting a point away from home at Leeds can make you do.

Suppose standing on a public pathway and watching a team train through a fence is a far far worse crime than getting absolutely w@nkered with yer team mates and then getting in your cars having a race and crashing 2 cars..a crash that could have had some serious consequences.

Hope the Club take action against them as surely not doing so is tantamount to saying "it's ok" and that would surely be bringing the game into disrepute......

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Amazing what getting a point away from home at Leeds can make you do.
    And that is all part of the mitigation - poor souls were traumatised following their visit to Elland Road, which brought back all the bad memories of last season. A clear case of PTSD, seems it fashionable now (even worn out ex models claim to have it from being divorced). I have no doubt they will employ some smart arse lawyer who will argue the same or that the cop stuttered whilst requesting the breathalyser or similar.

May be wrong here but I think Tom Lawrence has only just got his licence back.

No idea what’s happened to this lad. He’s become an obnoxious, belligerent, conceited, arrogant fella who has an ego the size of Everest. He never used to be like this as a youth player at Leicester and was as quiet as a mouse at Rotherham.

Shame coz he did have a talent but his attitude stinks. 5 cards in 7 matches says it all. He’s out of control. To DD, crash his car and injure others, potentially could have killed says to me he needs serious rehabilitation and banning from football until he’s properly rebuilt his life. Few clubs will want to take on such a disruptive element surely.

I predict that nothing regarding football or the footballing authorities will be done, (only injury will prevent them playing), no sanction applied, not by the club. Only plod will do what should be done, let's see if they have the spine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Can't help feeling that all the fuss on here is a little OTT - and before I get shot down in flames I agree that DD is a serious issue often with dire consequences, but all the same I think it is probably something some on here have done in the past given the average age.
    Reminds me of all the "Outrage" I heard in the house of commons last night - ohh my god... did he say "Popycock" such wicked language!
    Are you being serious Tich?

You think its all OTT?

Have you forgot all the sh1t we copped for when one of our members of staff decided to stand on a public pathway and watch a team training?

Have you forgot how high and f*cking mighty Fat B@stard Lumplard and Mel "Bellend" Morris were?..pair of c*nts threw us to the wolves and got every Leeds hating tosser out there on our backs.

I would say what we did was nowhere near as bad as what these w@nkers have done but I bet you a pound to a pinch of sh1t they don't get nowhere near as much air time as what we got.

Derby fans were very very happy to drag us through the mud over "spygate"...bet they don't feel as smug now do they?

Let em have a taste of what we had
    Last edited by Rev72; 26-09-2019 at 07:25 PM.

The Rev is a very proud Leeds United fan and I reserve the right to have a pop at those who have a pop at us.

Thats me ranting over....for now

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    Hey mate, I understand about the drink and drive, but these clowns.......high-end cars, speeding and racing one another takes it to a different level, in my book. A recipe for disaster, they got lucky and so did the likes of Mr and Mrs and family driving along on there way home......thats the difference. They should have the book thrown at them imo.
    George, as a Derby fan, if you are right on what you write, then I am totally in agreement with you. No sympathy for me for any and all punishment they get. However, the only certainty so far is they have been charged with drunk driving. There are no witness statements, no video, no police statement, no club statement that they were racing. If they were then jail time is called for IMO. There also a lot of Twitter posts suggesting certain powders being involved. They don't come from the East Midlands, not even Nottingham. This is mischief making and is, thus far, no more than fiction. Should that be true then I would call for an even longer jail sentence. Some of you have a look at DCFC fora from time to time. I think you will find that nobody is condoning these actions and very many are in the same vein as the concensus on here, namely, sack the drivers.

IMO, this is way too serious an affair to have you and us "having a go over it", especially considering fans of both clubs appear to be of one thought, namely, the repercussions should be severe. My own thoughts are that the drivers shouldn't play for the club again. The passengers should be severely dealt with but, as the club said, should be rehbilitated back into the fold. Cocu has already said all of them will be doing a lot of work with the DCFC Community Trust. That will greatly curtail their afternoon rounds of golf and I am all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    The Rev is a very proud Leeds United fan and I reserve the right to have a pop at those who have a pop at us.

Thats me ranting over....for now
    No argument from me Rev lad. Congrats on that speed camera photograph featuring Bielsa on the Derby forum. It has been very well appreciated as it is truly amusing. Proper banter and I appreciate it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)