+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Ben Stokes is a national hero.
    To be fair, he was found not guilty.

He was also suspended by the ECB for a few fisticuffs outside a nightclub which is hardly serious offences
    This may have only occurred when the police decided to press charges though which isn't the case with these two yet

Fined 6 weeks wages by the club and 80 hours of community service .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49941786

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

So the club organise a piss up and come over all offended when it goes wrong. Wjat do they expect when they encourage their young players to have a skinful?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    So the club organise a piss up and come over all offended when it goes wrong. Wjat do they expect when they encourage their young players to have a skinful?
    The owner of the company I work for as I've mentioned recently takes us to York races every June and as much as you can drink FOC .

Perhaps if the warehouse manager ended up having a year off work due through two of us getting so pyssed he would be happy to accept full responsibility .

No he actually trusts us to enjoy the day and we are mindful we are also representing the company .

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Maybe grown up enough to know not to drink and drive when cars/drivers were laid on for them?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Good they’ve done something but still should’ve been suspended

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Good they’ve done something but still should’ve been suspended
    Probably as much as they could do , Lawrence is probably their best player and suspending him along with Bennett would impact on their results , football league points and financial implications tend to water down morality .

Even if they sacked him WBA or Leeds would sign him the very next day and probably improve his present deal and Derby would have kissed goodbye to a multi million pound transfer fee .

Leeds wouldn't sign him animal. He is a lazy footballer with a poor work ethic. Even forgetting his zero moral code, he simply would never fit into the Bielsa work ethic. Not the player he once was and there is every chance this fella will implode.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    It's the nature of football supporters, Flour.

When Tom Pope joined Rotherham, we had posts on here explaining how he was not guilty of the affray that he had pleaded guilty to. Notts County supporters couldn't speak highly enough of Lee Hughes, as I recall.
    I agree, although I think the majority on here condemned Pope's actions there were certainly some supporting him.

It annoys me that, if we have a player sent off for doing something stupid, he gets applauded off by some fans - even though he's probably cost us the game.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast