+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving

Fans are like that but my view is that the club should have taken control of the situation, suspended them and therefore not given their fans chance to applaud them and give them a pat on the back.

At least derby have done something now.
    Obviously they may still face court proceedings
    Last edited by flourbasher; 05-10-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Both plead guilty to drink driving & failing to stop at scene of an accident

So they fled the scene and left a member of the public to help their injured passengers and they have avpided a custodial sentence.

Not to worry though as Derby can afford a good legal team and they are needed for their next game

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    So they fled the scene and left a member of the public to help their injured passengers and they have avpided a custodial sentence.

Not to worry though as Derby can afford a good legal team and they are needed for their next game
    Not quite the injured person was Richard keogh their team mate. Left him with both of his knees smashed going to be out until 2021 season at earliest. Both have been given 180 hours and a fine by the club and the courts have suspended their licenses for / years and given them 200 hours community service that’s 380 hours to be completed in 12 months that’s 7-8 hours a week

I don’t think sending them to prison would’ve achieved much but the sentencing seems light in the context of their actions and options.
    Should’ve got a forest supporting magistrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I don’t think sending them to prison would’ve achieved much but the sentencing seems light in the context of their actions and options.
    Should’ve got a forest supporting magistrate.
    I wonder who insures them?

Individual car insurance or club paying it for them?

Keogh will be wanting to make a claim and probably Derby Council for repairs they had to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I wonder who insures them?

Individual car insurance or club paying it for them?

Keogh will be wanting to make a claim and probably Derby Council for repairs they had to do.
    If he don’t the club should make a claim on his behalf

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678