+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Huns away roll call and sh1te

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    a good spankin

I don't talk like that
    He said he wanted “a strong Rangers”

Surprised he never got hounded out for saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    Posted this elsewhere but think it's pertinent to this thread and the talk of regressing.

The rot set in a long time ago, we've been regressing for some time now but sadly it's been a slow and steady one which doesn't catch the eye unless you look closely.

Too many supporters have held on to the belief that all will come good as league positions have been, at the very least, what is to be expected.

A short, sharp and sudden regression would've helped us in the long term. Finishing 8th/9th and knocked out early in the cups in the past year or two would've heightened the chance of a new manager cause as it is then this could drag on for another year or two.

I, and I'm sure every other Aberdeen supporter never wants to see us lose but I'm getting to the stage where the future and 3rd-4th-5th placed finishes with a cup semi/final every 3-4 years is more disheartening than a season finishing in the bottom six.
    You would rather finish in the bottom 6 than finish 3rd or 4th?

As much of an idiot as McInnes is we are never finishing higher than that with a chairman who’s ambition is to put pressure on the top of the league and compete for trophies.

That’s the wrong attitude all together from the very top,it’s making the manager and players jobs a piece of piss.

What I mean by that is for change to happen in a managerial sense, which I believe it should happen, then sadly yes what is required is a very low finish coupled with abysmal cup results.

We're in a period, a very long and stretched out period of monotonous, pedestrian, no excitement mediocrity and as long as McInnes stays in charge then that won't be changing.

What is the point to finishing 3rd/4th with no cup success and no progress in Europe allayed with my previous statement for many years if you've got someone in charge who has taken you as far as he can.

Once any team/business has hit the ceiling with the current management then sentiment goes out the window and someone fresh to build on the good work has to be installed. There are no guarantees of course with any new manager but what is guaranteed, based on the past few YEARS is that McInnes brand of football is driving supporters away and any advancements on league/cup/Europe results won't happen.

We're in a period, a very long and stretched out period of monotonous, pedestrian, no excitement mediocrity and as long as McInnes stays in charge then that won't be changing.

What is the point to finishing 3rd/4th with no cup success and no progress in Europe allayed with my previous statement for many years if you've got someone in charge who has taken you as far as he can.

Once any team/business has hit the ceiling with the current management then sentiment goes out the window and someone fresh to build on the good work has to be installed. There are no guarantees of course with any new manager but what is guaranteed, based on the past few YEARS is that McInnes brand of football is driving supporters away and any advancements on league/cup/Europe results won't happen.
    Agree.

That went well. At least Milne will be happy his big team won. And a few others in the Director's box.

The question Aberdeen supporters need to ask themselves is "what are your realistic expectations at the start of a new season"??

Mine are very simple....

If in Europe then the group stages every 1 out of 3 years competing.

Get to the final of the league cup and winning it every 1 of 3 years.

Get to the final of the Scottish cup and winning it every 1 of 4-5 years.

Improve on results in the league year on year as much as possible with the intention of winning it from game one. Understandably our prospects of winning the league with both cheeks spending as they are would mean a 1-5% chance of winning it but always have the belief from day one.

Play entertaining and attractive football throughout making the opposition worry about how WE setup rather than matching up the opposition.

Personally I don't believe any of this is unrealistic, especially as we're supposed to be the 3rd biggest team in the country.

Can, or rather do I have belief that McInnes can achieve any of my points then the answer is quite simply no.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    That went well. At least Milne will be happy his big team won. And a few others in the Director's box.
    Aye.
    A clear out needed from the very top.
    Too many masons on the board.
    Those c***s are not to be trusted.
    Get them to f**k out the club.

I look forward to that clueless geek afc1903mad fluffing his way through this & saying McInnes is still the man for the job.
    Last edited by RedStarTorphins; 28-09-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Name:  turd-polish.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  15.7 KB

Someone may be along shortly that could use this.

Having a look at the 2015/16 season to make a comparison on the first 11 when playing the first game against the cheeks then it was the 12th September at home against Septic.

I'm using 2015/16 to give McInnes a full first year in charge as it'd be unfair to draw comparisons when he was not long in the job

For that game, and in comparison to todays game then here are the lineups.

15/16 (3-5-1-1) 19/20 (4-5-1)
    Ward - Lewis
    Considine - Leigh
    Taylor - Vyner
    Quinn - Devlin
    Logan - Logan
    Hayes - Ferguson
    Shinnie - Campbell
    Jack - McLennan
    McGinn - McGinn
    McLean - Hedges
    Rooney - Cosgrove

Apparently compared to previous years we are paying the most on wages etc than in any other year with McInnes, makes me wonder where exactly are the improved funds going??

We've downgraded year after since then in my opinion and there is no guarantee that the injured players this year would be anywhere near the level of player from that 15/16.
    Totally Agree with this Cannae think of a player I would swap from the 15/16 squad with 19/20 maybe McGinn for McGinn

I'm personally delighted that we appear to have the strong "The Rangers" we all crave.
    I'm already looking forward to helicopter Sunday.
    I do hope we make the top six and can hopefully be one of the teams involved in this marvellous occasion that will help raise the profile of the Scottish game.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast