+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keogh out for the season

Keogh out for the season

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019...drink-driving/

We normally manage to get a season ending injury in during the first few weeks of the season, but not quite like this.

Not sure what to do - in the old days the players driving would have been transfer listed, but there's not much point in that as they couldn't be flogged until January. I'm tempted to say release them both and formally relieve Keogh of club captaincy for his less serious involvement.

An absolute outrage..... no idea if player insurance would cover something like this either? Who now has to pick up the cost in wages?

I’d love to say release both players but ultimately this costs the club money....

Not really sure what to say or think really.... guess we will have to wait for the court case to find out what really happened!

That being said Keogh is our club captain and should have said something and taken matters into his own hands when seeing these two idiots wanting to drink drive.....

Really really pissed off about this

Name:  unnamed (4).jpg
Views: 547
Size:  62.7 KB

I’d love to laugh MoP........ however still pissed off! Completely avoidable and the club should look at themselves! How on earth do we allow players out for a meal with drinks (which I’m more than happy with) but not ensure that transport is mandatory supplied!

According to this club statement, Keogh is out for the season and all the players involved will be rehabilitated into the squad and team......

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/09/club-statement-6

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2462 View Post
    I’d love to laugh MoP........ however still pissed off! Completely avoidable and the club should look at themselves! How on earth do we allow players out for a meal with drinks (which I’m more than happy with) but not ensure that transport is mandatory supplied!
    They did supply transport mate, these players didn't accept it

They should be told to duck off including Keogh!!
    Absolutely no excuses and I have less than zero tolerance with drink driving so for me they are no longer part of DCFC!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2462 View Post
    An absolute outrage..... no idea if player insurance would cover something like this either? Who now has to pick up the cost in wages?

I’d love to say release both players but ultimately this costs the club money....

Not really sure what to say or think really.... guess we will have to wait for the court case to find out what really happened!

That being said Keogh is our club captain and should have said something and taken matters into his own hands when seeing these two idiots wanting to drink drive.....

Really really pissed off about this
    Me too...really, really disappointed, but tbf to Keogh...

...he is, I believe, that rarest of things these days...a male who doesn’t drive.

Now at the moment we don’t know whether these two were ‘pissed’ or marginally over the limit.
    Neither do we know at what point and at which player’s instigation a race was begun...or indeed if there was a race.

Won’t begin to try and defend the drivers but how many of us have been driven home by someone who may have been technically over the limit but a long way from being ‘drunk’?

If Keogh got into a car being driven by someone clearly unfit to drive then he’s an idiot and an unfit captain of DCFC.

If on the other hand he got into a car being driven by someone who appeared quite sober and circumstances changed during the journey then maybe we are being a bit harsh on a player who has always given his all for Derby County and has now suffered career threatening injuries through, arguably, no fault of his own.

Before anyone accuses me of going soft on drink driving...I’m not, I’ve got no time for them at all, but it is possible to feel sorry for Keogh. We just don’t know enough yet.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 26-09-2019 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    They should be told to duck off including Keogh!!
    Absolutely no excuses and I have less than zero tolerance with drink driving so for me they are no longer part of DCFC!!
    Agree entirely Mac never any excuse for drink driving To say they are back in the squad is appalling ,ok they have not been tried yet but there is only one outcome from a failed breath test I smell a desperate relegation battle ahead . The Keogh haters are in for a shock

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Me too...really, really disappointed, but tbf to Keogh...

...he is, I believe, that rarest of things these days...a male who doesn’t drive.

Now at the moment we don’t know whether these two were ‘pissed’ or marginally over the limit.
    Neither do we know at what point and at which player’s instigation a race was begun...or indeed if there was a race.

Won’t begin to try and defend the drivers but how many of us have been driven home by someone who may have been technically over the limit but a long way from being ‘drunk’?

If Keogh got into a car being driven by someone clearly unfit to drive then he’s an idiot and an unfit captain of DCFC.

If on the other hand he got into a car being driven by someone who appeared quite sober and circumstances changed during the journey then maybe we are being a bit harsh on a player who has always given his all for Derby County and has now suffered career threatening injuries through, arguably, no fault of his own.

Before anyone accuses me of going soft on drink driving...I’m not, I’ve got no time for them at all, but it is possible to feel sorry for Keogh. We just don’t know enough yet.
    Speaking as one of those rarities, I think I can still tell if someone has had too much despite not driving - basically 2 pints or equivalent, with a meal and its getting risky. He will have known if they had been on the Orange Juice or Brew Dog Nanny State if he was one of only a handful that stayed on after the others left; in reality he should have tried to make them to use the chauffered ramcars provided. He is club captain, FFS, and so should have exercised his authority

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)