+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bury FC update

Bolton’s had everyone’s trousers down but two wrongs don’t make s right.

Latest statement from Bury F.C. "rescue committee".... applying to join National League, no intention of taking legal action against EFL, or forming a "phoenix" club, or getting local council involved regarding debts (source - BFC Official site)

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Clearly Bury fans are upset but what did they expect really?
    Exactly, and it might sound harsh but Im glad that they/Bury didnt get the vote. A line has got to be drawn here and it disgusts me that the Efl have gone so much out of their way to help Bolton, they should have been given the same punishment that Bury have.

We gave them a 6-1 punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Exactly, and it might sound harsh but Im glad that they/Bury didnt get the vote. A line has got to be drawn here and it disgusts me that the Efl have gone so much out of their way to help Bolton, they should have been given the same punishment that Bury have.
    Acido, totally agree. Thing is Bolton appear to be one of the 'protected' clubs and there's no way there going to be severely dealt with. Like the two pp games that still have not been dealt with. I don't care that it looks like they will go down, there's still a chance they could survive but, if they are handed another -6 points for failing to fulfil the fixtures, that makes it a lot harder for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Acido, totally agree. Thing is Bolton appear to be one of the 'protected' clubs and there's no way there going to be severely dealt with. Like the two pp games that still have not been dealt with. I don't care that it looks like they will go down, there's still a chance they could survive but, if they are handed another -6 points for failing to fulfil the fixtures, that makes it a lot harder for them.
    Well eventually Brin, they/Bolton will be where they deserve to be next season and thats in the old 4th Division!.
    But it just angers me that they have avoided getting the same punishment as Bury have. What does it matter eh even if they are one of England's oldest original clubs, thats irrelevant garbage to me and I dont think they should be allowed to get away with this like they have for years now!.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    We gave them a 6-1 punishment.
    Hey Flour (and that sounds soooo weird, me calling another man that on here ), are you looking forward to playing us in Lg One again next season ?.
    We're going down fast and without a paddle at the moment because of our appalling mega rich owners, and they have sold us up the river this summer/pre season. Yes I know we're not as bad as teams like Bury & Bolton, but its a bad feeling isnt it when relegation is inevitable.

Hey Flour (and that sounds soooo weird, me calling another man that on here ), are you looking forward to playing us in Lg One again next season ?.
    We're going down fast and without a paddle at the moment because of our appalling mega rich owners, and they have sold us up the river this summer/pre season. Yes I know we're not as bad as teams like Bury & Bolton, but its a bad feeling isnt it when relegation is inevitable.
    I hope your pies have improved in the ground, last time I went they were as dry as sticks and tasted crap!

I'm sure someone said Mrs Miggins made them....

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I hope your pies have improved in the ground, last time I went they were as dry as sticks and tasted crap!
    I'm sure someone said Mrs Miggins made them....
    Hey bring some of your own Millers home made pies eh Brin lol. I cant be blamed for our crappy old burger/pizza van .

Hey bring some of your own Millers home made pies eh Brin lol. I cant be blamed for our crappy old burger/pizza van .
    Nowt finer pal than a good Pukka pie.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast