+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Derby Drink Driving Fiasco

This is the man who Hardy pinned our promotion hopes on.

Derby striker Mason Bennett filmed downing a pint of lager and throwing up in a urinal by new captain Tom Huddlestone just hours before arrest for drink-drive crash which injured his team-mate

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...-crashing.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post

Derby striker Mason Bennett filmed downing a pint of lager and throwing up in a urinal by new captain Tom Huddlestone just hours before arrest for drink-drive crash which injured his team-mate

To be fair that probably ranked as one of his better decisions....even though he only lasted about 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post

Wow, yeah Hardy you tool.
    Thank goodness we’ve never signed any other strikers with a history of drink driving!

Richard Keogh sacked by Derby.

Get drunk and get injured = sack
    Get drunk and not get injured = small fine

Well done Derby

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Richard Keogh sacked by Derby.

Get drunk and get injured = sack
    Get drunk and not get injured = small fine

Well done Derby
    I can only assume there’s more to this.
    Of the three he was the only one not driving so it seems very strange indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I think they wanted him to take a big pay cut.

You've gotta say that it wasn't the best, team bonding exercise ever.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I'm sure there's more to it!

The reality is that two of the players are young pros who were not injured and could go on either to play for Derby for many years, or be sold at some point for a reasonable sum.

Richard Keogh, on the other hand was the club captain, obviously on good money, and won't be able to play for the club again for a long time if at all, so Derby are only going to lose money on him.

I'm not condoning what any of them did. By rights they should all be sacked. However, my cynical mind suspects that Richard Keogh's dismissal for gross misconduct by Derby is about as credible as John Sheridan's dismissal for gross conduct by Notts. If Keogh was a young, rising star or had emerged unscathed from the crash, I reckon he'd be back playing now and Derby's line would be that he has "learned from his mistakes and just wants to look forward".

Morals come a long way further down the pecking order than money at most football clubs!
    Last edited by jackal2; 31-10-2019 at 07:53 PM.

I think he would have a good case if he takes it to a tribunal, the only one who was not a drink driver gets the sack and the ones that actually broke the law and could have killed someone gets fined?????

Isn't he captain.Probably find the injury has as good as finished him & wasn't caused by playing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast