+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T:- Derby Drink Driving Fiasco

It's not so much about who did what and why some were punished differently in my opinion... If they were all sober and went skydiving mid season and Keogh suffered a career ending injury he'd have been sacked for that too (as you're not usually allowed to even ride motorbikes while under contract in football, let alone do anything extreme), he's put himself in a position where he's unable to fulfill his contractual duties (playing) by injuring himself out of hours, doing something he shouldn't have been doing, regardless of how they punished the other players.

Then you have the fact that he's the captain and should not only "set a better example" but he should have been the one making sure none of them got in their own cars that night, what kind of captain doesn't look out for his team mates like that?

Also consider the that according to those text messages that did the rounds when it happened some of them supposedly tested positive for cocaine and bags were pictured on the floor by one of the vehicles he may have put himself in an Adrian Mutu situation if he tested positive for an illegal substance and just like him, wouldn't have a leg to stand on it court.

When you think of the money the Derby chairman has spent over the years to get them promoted, and most years watch them get into a good position then blow it at the end of the season it's easy to imagine how annoyed he'd be to find out there's an out of control drinking culture at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    When you think of the money the Derby chairman has spent over the years to get them promoted, and most years watch them get into a good position then blow it at the end of the season it's easy to imagine how annoyed he'd be to find out there's an out of control drinking culture at the club.
    when I have listened to Mel Morris he does come over as a decent sort which makes me think there’s a lot more to it, plus he knows they are going to take flack in the publicity if people think on the face of it it’s unfair. I heard a few things, one of them was Keogh was demanding they said he did it next day in training.

He snapped his ligaments, was a cocky b@stard to the Police at the scene,was told he had to take a pay cut as it was negligence,refused,so got sacked

I see Richard Keogh is formally appealing Derby's decision to sack him for gross misconduct. Quite right too.

As I said in an earlier post, I'm not defending Keogh's actions in any way, but for me the club should either dismiss all three players or keep all three. They're trying to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds in order to keep two young potential assets but get the older, higher paid player off the wage bill.

Derby are on particularly weak ground because they offered Keogh a contract on reduced terms, which makes a nonsense of their claim that they dismissed him for gross misconduct. His offence is either sackable or it's not.

Hope he wins, and Derby have to pay up his contract in full or made to reinstate him. If they don't play him they'll still have to pay him so he can't lose

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123