+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Allan Johnston

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    373

    Allan Johnston

    I’ve eventually watched the after match interviews for last weekend’s defeat up at Inverness and not for the first time this season I have to say I find Allan Johnston extremely rude with the way he answers some of Sandra Brown’s questions.

    The guy needs to learn some manners.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,750
    Sorry to disagree with you Scooby Blue.

    At worst, Alan might appear a little brusque and towards the end of the interview he was keen to get away, but all in all he answers the questions the way that he sees them, and I don't have a problem with that.

    The people who need to learn some manners are the MP's from all sides who should know better. When compared to them, Alan Johnston is an angel!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Sorry to disagree with you Scooby Blue.

    At worst, Alan might appear a little brusque and towards the end of the interview he was keen to get away, but all in all he answers the questions the way that he sees them, and I don't have a problem with that.

    The people who need to learn some manners are the MP's from all sides who should know better. When compared to them, Alan Johnston is an angel!
    Yes brusque is a good description of most of Johnston's post match interviews to date since his return but there nothing really wrong in this as long as he can motivate the players on the pitch starting tonight. Let's see some passion from the guys under the floodlights and TV.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    I’ve eventually watched the after match interviews for last weekend’s defeat up at Inverness and not for the first time this season I have to say I find Allan Johnston extremely rude with the way he answers some of Sandra Brown’s questions.

    The guy needs to learn some manners.


    lol the pot calling the kettle black springs to mind scooby blue ,as most your posts on here are rude disrespectful replies ,learn the lesson from your own post maybe !

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Sorry to disagree with you Scooby Blue.

    At worst, Alan might appear a little brusque and towards the end of the interview he was keen to get away, but all in all he answers the questions the way that he sees them, and I don't have a problem with that.

    The people who need to learn some manners are the MP's from all sides who should know better. When compared to them, Alan Johnston is an angel!
    Again Jardi you bring politics/politicians needlessly into a thread where others are simply discussing football related matters. I fail to see any reason why the last sentence of your post is included at all. Let's keep politics in it's rightful place in its own thread or forum.
    Last edited by Auld_Chippy; 28-09-2019 at 11:06 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,750
    You make a very valid point Auld Chippy. However, unfortunately one cannot take a full breath without some catastrophe hitting the news headlines. Above all I was making a pertinent point to the thread, - because compared to the behaviour in the Commons, - which was forced upon us on the national news, - Alan Johnston is far from rude.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,489
    I find him rather rude in some of his after match interviews also.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    lol the pot calling the kettle black springs to mind scooby blue ,as most your posts on here are rude disrespectful replies ,learn the lesson from your own post maybe !

    Haha

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    You make a very valid point Auld Chippy. However, unfortunately one cannot take a full breath without some catastrophe hitting the news headlines. Above all I was making a pertinent point to the thread, - because compared to the behaviour in the Commons, - which was forced upon us on the national news, - Alan Johnston is far from rude.
    Comparing a football manager's interviews with politicians of all parties trying to achieve what they think is in our ( or probably their own) best interests is a bit of a leap in relative importance. I also wasn't aware that watching the national news was actually forced on us.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,142
    Politics just like religion should be avoided on football discussion sites.

  11. #11

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Politics just like religion should be avoided on football discussion sites.


    especially a religious politician auld chippy

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,750
    Absolutely spot on Francis! That is brilliant.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Politics just like religion should be avoided on football discussion sites.
    Which is exactly the point I was making to Jardi's post. Politics/religion should be kept out of football threads unless directly relevant. In Jardi's post it wasn't.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,750
    FFS Auld Chippy - you've made your point - which I have been polite enough to acknowledge - now back off!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    FFS Auld Chippy - you've made your point - which I have been polite enough to acknowledge - now back off!
    Temper, temper now, save your anger for watching Queens.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •