+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Will there be....

Will there be....

... a knock on effect on the size of the gate this Saturday?

I think it will.

Will supporters present make their feelings known by coming in late for kick off or after half time?

Not impossible.

Should they make sure there is no mistaking the way they feel?

Yes they should but they should also spend most of their time backing the XI out there on the park.

I cannot imagine for one moment that any of the three known players involved will start, be on the bench nor be at the ground. Definitely not Keogh!

I hope there is no reaction from the fanbase. This is the fault of certain individuals by the looks of it, and the club seems to be innocent, having, on the face of it, done all that could be expected of them to prevent this having happened (but again the facts are yet to fully emerge).

I'm not sure what the point of coming on late would be - except for the supporters to have more beer, which would be ironic! Maybe the club should close all the bars in the stadium to "make a point" !!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I cannot imagine for one moment that any of the three known players involved will start, be on the bench nor be at the ground. Definitely not Keogh!

I hope there is no reaction from the fanbase. This is the fault of certain individuals by the looks of it, and the club seems to be innocent, having, on the face of it, done all that could be expected of them to prevent this having happened (but again the facts are yet to fully emerge).

I'm not sure what the point of coming on late would be - except for the supporters to have more beer, which would be ironic! Maybe the club should close all the bars in the stadium to "make a point" !!
    Sorry MA I agree with GP. If anything there should be MORE people turning up, to show the footballing world that The Club is bigger than some of the idiots it employs. Be nice if those who start chants could express their displeasure with the culprits in that manner, but at the mo it looks like the club did enough bearing in mind these twerps are nominally adults.

By way of anecdote, a family member has come across one of the perps a few times in town and considers him thoroughly unable to wear his 'fame' and fortune with any class or humility. Her two words when I mentioned the incident to her were 'not surprised'...

Probably not one of our own to whom you refer Andy.

Glad there has been the suggestion of positive chants.

How about "please don't drink and drive, don't be like some tw*ts, please don't drink and drive"

Here is the music to come out of the tunnel to on Saturday

Interestingly the lyrics sound like "Put the damned Keoghs down"

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Sorry MA I agree with GP. If anything there should be MORE people turning up, to show the footballing world that The Club is bigger than some of the idiots it employs. Be nice if those who start chants could express their displeasure with the culprits in that manner, but at the mo it looks like the club did enough bearing in mind these twerps are nominally adults.

By way of anecdote, a family member has come across one of the perps a few times in town and considers him thoroughly unable to wear his 'fame' and fortune with any class or humility. Her two words when I mentioned the incident to her were 'not surprised'...
    There’s always one or two Andy. Met the Aussie cricket team last month...all genuinely pleasant with one exception who you won’t be surprised to hear was the one who struggled most with the bat.
    Likewise that long ago Derby squad that McFarland took to Wembley were a great bunch with the exception of Kitson who absolutely fitted your description above.
    A couple of my grandchildren met the current squad recently and I’m told the two alleged miscreants couldn’t have been more pleasant.
    Their parents are now left with the task of explaining how heroes can so quickly turn to zeros and I suppose the fear must be that this incident does somehow represent the culture of some at the club...the only difference perhaps being that this time they got caught.

Fans are notoriously fickle though...in the unlikely event of Lawrence playing and scoring I’m sure any jeers would rapidly turn to cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    There’s always one or two Andy. Met the Aussie cricket team last month...all genuinely pleasant with one exception who you won’t be surprised to hear was the one who struggled most with the bat.
    Likewise that long ago Derby squad that McFarland took to Wembley were a great bunch with the exception of Kitson who absolutely fitted your description above.
    A couple of my grandchildren met the current squad recently and I’m told the two alleged miscreants couldn’t have been more pleasant.
    Their parents are now left with the task of explaining how heroes can so quickly turn to zeros and I suppose the fear must be that this incident does somehow represent the culture of some at the club...the only difference perhaps being that this time they got caught.

Fans are notoriously fickle though...in the unlikely event of Lawrence playing and scoring I’m sure any jeers would rapidly turn to cheers.
    RA think there's more chance of you playing than Lawrence

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)