+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pinillos has 70% of sight in eye

Pinillos has 70% of sight in eye

Dani Pinillos had one of an array of chances to score as Barnsley lost 1-0 to Nottingham Forest at the City Ground – then the defender revealed after the game his vision is yet to recover after an eye injury he suffered last season.

The 26-year-old left-back was hit in the eye with the ball in the Reds’ 2-0 March win over Accrington Stanley in League One, causing a tear in his retina. He says he still has a small hole in his retina which means he has around 70 per cent vision in his right eye.

While he started seven more games last season after the incident, Pinillos required two surgery appointments in the summer which meant he missed a large chunk of pre-season. He will undergo further surgery in Spain in December, after which he hopes his vision will be fully recovered. The 1-0 loss at his former club Forest was the second Championship game he has started this season.

“It was a little bit hard to be honest, because I came back two or three weeks after the group had travelled to Germany and France for pre-season,” said Pinillos who has also come off the bench twice this season.

“I went two months without even running five metres. To be honest I’m not seeing perfect, it’s going to take a few months more. I’m feeling good, I just want to keep working and playing well.”

Pinillos had one of the best chances to put the side in front in the second half as he was played into the box by Cauley Woodrow and forced a save from Forest ‘keeper Brice Samba. Three minutes later, Forest’s only shot on target turned out to be the game’s only goal.

“It’s frustrating because when you’re playing a bad game and you don’t have chances to score, you know you’re going to lose,” said Pinillos.

“But when you’re playing well and creating chances and the ball doesn’t go in it’s even more frustrating, because you go home and you think what you could do better.

“Nottingham Forest had only conceded six goals in the league, but we could’ve scored two or three. In the last three games we’ve played very well and created a lot of chances. Football is like that, sometimes you only need one chance to score.

“Always when you’re not scoring it’s something to be worried about, but it’s a different situation when you play like we did in the second half. When you don’t have attitude or you’re not pressing well or concentrating, you can work on that. “Sometimes you don’t have a solution, but I believe in the team. “If we keep playing like that, we’re going to start winning games.”

Thuzza jooak or two to be ed theear burritz too sooin with the lad still recovering. Hope thi eye gets better sooin.