+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Now that’s what I’ve been asking for...

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Perhaps we were better, BUT did we go at Ayr straight from kickoff, like we did today against Morton, I suspect not...
    Ayr away are a completely different animal from Morton at home and although we Scored early today it was through an absolute howler of a miss from their centre half so who knows? If we didn't get that lucky break early doors then it could have turned into another Arbroath from last week.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think anyone moaning about performances so far this season is just looking for something to complain about. 18 from 21 points, outstanding.
    That's us telt then... 🤣

Remind me, how many points have Ayr got again?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think anyone moaning about performances so far this season is just looking for something to complain about. 18 from 21 points, outstanding.

Every support has your miserable and unrealistic types, it is what it is, you can't please everyone, the majority are happy and behind the club and the direction we are heading.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Every support has your miserable and unrealistic types, it is what it is, you can't please everyone, the majority are happy and behind the club and the direction we are heading.
    And every forum has people who make judgements about folk they know nothing about and have to resort to name-calling because someone disagrees with them.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Remind me, how many points have Ayr got again?
    Ayr United have 18 points from a possible 21,its worth remembering though that the only points they have dropped were at Dens during the Dee lucky spell which came to an abrupt end at Tannadice.The get out of jail card was used twice in Fife(2 penalties that should never have been awarded)and once v Ayr at home when the visitors were denied a stonewaller that McPoke admitted later should have been given.
    The bookies have us massively odds on to win the league,i would imagine their train of thought is Ayr with a much smaller budget and squad will not last the pace,that in my opinion is a fair reflection however as it stands they are well worth their. place at the top of the table albeit behind us on goal difference.
    Its also worth remembering that they deserved something at Dens and could have been 1 or 3 points ahead of us had justice prevailed.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Ayr United have 18 points from a possible 21,its worth remembering though that the only points they have dropped were at Dens during the Dee lucky spell which came to an abrupt end at Tannadice.The get out of jail card was used twice in Fife(2 penalties that should never have been awarded)and once v Ayr at home when the visitors were denied a stonewaller that McPoke admitted later should have been given.
    The bookies have us massively odds on to win the league,i would imagine their train of thought is Ayr with a much smaller budget and squad will not last the pace,that in my opinion is a fair reflection however as it stands they are well worth their. place at the top of the table albeit behind us on goal difference.
    Its also worth remembering that they deserved something at Dens and could have been 1 or 3 points ahead of us had justice prevailed.
    That's exactly the point I'm making mate, we're being told that us having 18 points is 'outstanding' so what does it say about Ayr with their much smaller fan base and budget.

That's exactly the point I'm making mate, we're being told that us having 18 points is 'outstanding' so what does it say about Ayr with their much smaller fan base and budget.
    Hugely impressed by Ayr’s start and they deserve enormous credit especially after losing so many important players at the end of last season.

They don’t have a snowballs chance in hell of maintaining it though and that’s why their manager walked during the week.

There are 2 games left to complete this round of fixtures. Ayr have to play Inverness at home and Dunfermline away (games we took 6 points from). Let’s see if they’re still in touch then.
    Last edited by Daly9; 29-09-2019 at 01:05 AM.

You have put the word outstanding in quotes suggesting you don't think it is. Is that right? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Not comparing like for like are you though, Are you saying that they play the exact same way?

Do tell, how many goals have our last two opponents conceded this season (before today is fine)?

Neilson knows how to get the wins either way. Cracking score, max pts, 11 wins in last 12 at home, teckle
    You're a nightmare. Simple as that. Boring boring dick.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)