+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We Love Phillip Cocu. He's Our Man :)

Go away Geoff, you isn't needed on my thread son bean.
    What a huge indictment of what our schools are churning out these days.

I can't believe you are dumb enough, DCFCA, not to know better than using IS with YOU. Maybe I should rethink my position on that one.

Son bean? The word is sunbeam, sunbeam.

I am now thinking, does he also pronounce think as fink? Does he say and write ARE when he means OUR. These are mistakes Dutch kids I taught don't make. 1st years started off with pronunciation. The phonetic sounds of the English language. Each different sound is made due to the shape you make with your mouth, the position of your tongue within your mouth when making a sound, does the sound come from your mouth or your throat, do you blow out when making that sound etc. I taught them the correct way to make each and every sound.

So, it was THINK and not FINK. It was THIS and THAT not DIS and DAT. They always discussed the WEATHER and not the WEVVER. They would talk about OUR house and not ARE house.

If I was an English teacher back home I would despair of the poor quality of spoken and written English. It needs vastly improving.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    What a huge indictment of what our schools are churning out these days.

I can't believe you are dumb enough, DCFCA, not to know better than using IS with YOU. Maybe I should rethink my position on that one.

Son bean? The word is sunbeam, sunbeam.

I am now thinking, does he also pronounce think as fink? Does he say and write ARE when he means OUR. These are mistakes Dutch kids I taught don't make. 1st years started off with pronunciation. The phonetic sounds of the English language. Each different sound is made due to the shape you make with your mouth, the position of your tongue within your mouth when making a sound, does the sound come from your mouth or your throat, do you blow out when making that sound etc. I taught them the correct way to make each and every sound.

So, it was THINK and not FINK. It was THIS and THAT not DIS and DAT. They always discussed the WEATHER and not the WEVVER. They would talk about OUR house and not ARE house.

If I was an English teacher back home I would despair of the poor quality of spoken and written English. It needs vastly improving.
    Tbf, MA...Dutch kids probably don’t learn their English from ‘East Enders’ three times a week.

Coming back to DCFCA...it’s the repeated total contradictions that get me...has to be a deliberate wind up.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 05-10-2019 at 08:17 AM.

It's not just eastenders. I watched the remake of the iconic "supermarket sweep" recently, sadly a shadow of its former glory, totally ruined by an abysmal new presenter. This git, aside from being unable to pronounce the simplest of words, seems to believe that the plural of "you" is "yous". If he were talking sheep, he may have a point.

In the face of these role models, is it any wonder why an SEN child gets it wrong?

Mind you, what does it say about the calibre of English teachers in Derbyshire? 😊😊🤔🤣

I yam know finkin, duz e also pwunouns fink as think? Duz e say an right our when e means are. Vese our mistakes Dutch kidz I thought dun't do. 1st year's start of wiv prununs... prounins... speaking. The niozzies of the English wurds. Each difrent nois is made jew to the shape you duz wiv ur marf, the place of your tung in ur marf when makin a nois, duz the noiz cum from yer marf or yer frote, due blow art when makin that noiz etc. I thought them the write way to make each and evrey sarnd.

Cocu is our leader, he's taking us to safety

Nicely in mid table now and improving game by game

3 or 4 signings and gelling together and we will romp this league in 2021/22 imo

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    It's not just eastenders. I watched the remake of the iconic "supermarket sweep" recently, sadly a shadow of its former glory, totally ruined by an abysmal new presenter. This git, aside from being unable to pronounce the simplest of words, seems to believe that the plural of "you" is "yous". If he were talking sheep, he may have a point.

In the face of these role models, is it any wonder why an SEN child gets it wrong?
    ICONIC??????????????????????????? Mm you need to get out more!

Supermarket Sweep is a classic of its genre, I will have nothing said against it. Moronic questions, senseless tasks minimal prize money. Original camp presenter was excellent, new one is pathetic parody of the mighty Dale

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)