+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Expected post match interview vs reality

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I don’t know how much more divorced from reality you can get.

Maybe you can tell me then?

Back to back wins for the first time since Feb and some people are picking holes in the post-match interview. Seriously?

Exactly...it's pathetic.

My own opinion is that NA is playing down expectations. I know some bright spark once said something along the lines treat victory and defeat as the same as then you don’t get too big headed when you enjoy the former and too down on yourself when you encounter the latter. Again I think his surprise at the suggestion of his best striking team is strategically genuine as he has to keep a number of players on board and all of the strikers will have a role this season at some point. He is not going to alienate any player who is part of his squad going forward by saying one player is better than another.

Excuse me Neal you carry on with that philosophy but, as a fan, can I say that after back to back wins I am buzzing and finishing at least 5th (from bottom) is almost guaranteed. COYP 🤪.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Back to back wins for the first time since Feb and some people are picking holes in the post-match interview. Seriously?
    Actually you make my point for me. First back to back wins since February and the manager pick holes in it.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    We basically played with two wingers which left us looking a man short.
    Enzio wasn't great today and Osborne isn't great at tracking back, Brindley was exposed a lot second half because of that. I prefer O'Brien but Doyle would have been useful in there today, second half especially.
    We did win though and do look to have goals in us so they're doing something right.
    I thought Enzio started the game well yesterday, and then had that run near the edge of the box, didn’t really seem to know what to do with it and after that he wasn’t seen again.

Have to say, I would be thinking long and hard about picking him next week.

Quote Originally Posted by pielover View Post
    What I expected/hoped to hear....

"It's been a tough week, we've been hit by injuries & stupid sending offs so I've had to dig deep into the squad & I honestly couldn't have asked for more. They've won two on the bounce, beat some decent teams on the way and although it may not have been pretty they've given their all for the shirt & I'm proud of every one of them So what if they've got a bit tired, they've been up and down the M1 and several haven't been playing regular football.... they've really given the more established players something to think about."

What I actually heard...

"Well we've won but it wasn't great but what do you expect when you're missing Michael Doyle. I'm not going to pick out any players for special mention like Rose who has been immense except to say Michael Doyle is a big loss, especially his energy (what fffing energy!!). So yea I suppose we've won two on the bounce but it wasn't great was it. By the way did I mention we missed Doyle?"

Maybe its me but I heard similar from him on Tuesday. Yea we did look tired but we battled, limited their chances and kept on trying to find the second. He has zero man management skills that bloke.

PS Yea I know I am moaning when we've just won but jeez the bloke bothers me. Well done the team!!

COYP
    I think Ardley has given an honest assessment of the situation when the team has played well and lost, and today I thought he was equally honest when the team had not played especially well but won. His summary of the game was that we were excellent in both boxes but poor between them, which I thought was spot on.

Mark Stallard on commentary said that Ardley is one of the most honest managers he's ever heard in post-match interviews, compared with others who sometimes sound like they've been watching an entirely different game compared with the one the fans saw.

The truth is, we laboured and looked tired for large parts of yesterday's game and I think our lack of a pre-season really shows when we have to play three games in a week, but the bottom line is that we won despite struggling, and that's a very good sign. I'm sure Ardley was delighted with the result, but he was also frank about the challenges we faced in getting it.

I thought Enzio started the game well yesterday, and then had that run near the edge of the box, didn’t really seem to know what to do with it and after that he wasn’t seen again.

Have to say, I wouldn't be thinking long or hard at all about picking him next week.

Enzio was better helping out the defence than attacking yesterday. When Osbourne was subbed, Enzio went over to the right to double up with Brindley which pretty much stopped Fylde from killing us down our right hand side.
    In all fairness to him he's played every game which is a lot of running and from the beginning of the season to the Chorley game was arguably our most consistent performer, certainly our only real outlet.
    If Turner were fit I'd probably move McCrory out there for Dover, Bakayoko struggles with his passing and Booty just doesn't look comfortable wide left.
    Would definitely keep Osbourne in the team for the first hour, he makes things happen and just upsets defences with his positivity.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Have to say, I wouldn't be thinking long or hard at all about picking him next week.
    I know you can't stand him but you must admit that he's covering the miles tracking back and helping the defence, actually to the detriment of his own game.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast