+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Expected post match interview vs reality

Expected post match interview vs reality

What I expected/hoped to hear....

"It's been a tough week, we've been hit by injuries & stupid sending offs so I've had to dig deep into the squad & I honestly couldn't have asked for more. They've won two on the bounce, beat some decent teams on the way and although it may not have been pretty they've given their all for the shirt & I'm proud of every one of them So what if they've got a bit tired, they've been up and down the M1 and several haven't been playing regular football.... they've really given the more established players something to think about."

What I actually heard...

"Well we've won but it wasn't great but what do you expect when you're missing Michael Doyle. I'm not going to pick out any players for special mention like Rose who has been immense except to say Michael Doyle is a big loss, especially his energy (what fffing energy!!). So yea I suppose we've won two on the bounce but it wasn't great was it. By the way did I mention we missed Doyle?"

Maybe its me but I heard similar from him on Tuesday. Yea we did look tired but we battled, limited their chances and kept on trying to find the second. He has zero man management skills that bloke.

PS Yea I know I am moaning when we've just won but jeez the bloke bothers me. Well done the team!!

COYP
    Last edited by pielover; 28-09-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pielover View Post

"It's been a tough week, we've been hit by injuries & stupid sending offs so I've had to dig deep into the squad & I honestly couldn't have asked for more. They've won two on the bounce, beat some decent teams on the way and although it may not have been pretty they've given their all for the shirt & I'm proud of every one of them So what if they've got a bit tired, they've been up and down the M1 and several haven't been playing regular football.... they've really given the more established players something to think about."

What I actually heard...

"Well we've won but it wasn't great but what do you expect when you're missing Michael Doyle. I'm not going to pick out any players for special mention like Rose who has been immense except to say Michael Doyle is a big loss, especially his energy (what fffing energy!!). So yea I suppose we've won two on the bounce but it wasn't great was it. By the way did I mention we missed Doyle?"

Maybe its me but I heard similar from him on Tuesday. Yea we did look tired but we battled, limited their chances and kept on trying to find the second. He has zero man management skills that bloke.

PS Yea I know I am moaning when we've just won but jeez the bloke bothers me. Well done the team!!

COYP
    I actually thought it was a decent interview...."Fylde are a decent team, we weren´t good but sneaked the points, we were tired and "leggy" but gave the decent crowd something to cheer despite not being at our best".......seemed honest to me.....here´s the interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQTgXmrO6Yw

Quote Originally Posted by pielover View Post

What I actually heard...

COYP
    Harsh.. guessing its a bit tongue in cheek , but in fairness we have missed Doyle to a degree , not especially his energy but his game management and general being a pain in the arse( to our players , in a goood way)

As Stall mentioned after the interview , at least you get honesty with NA

At no point today did I think ‘God, this team is really missing Michael Doyle’. Jim O’Brien possibly, but not Doyle.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I actually thought it was a decent interview...."Fylde are a decent team, we weren´t good but sneaked the points, we were tired and "leggy" but gave the decent crowd something to cheer despite not being at our best".......seemed honest to me.....here´s the interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQTgXmrO6Yw
    ps NA mentioned the loss of Doyle twice in 5 mins 38 seconds, voluntarily, once at the beginning and once right at the end in response to a question "are you surprised at getting 6 points in 2 games".......he answered specific questions from Charlie about the loss of "Doylie" on other occasions, but what is he supposed to do? ignore the interviewer.

I´m happy to join the "lynch NA" mob if we drop back down to 20th place, again, but not when we´re one place outside the play-offs and on a roll....let´s give the guy some credit, please......COYP.

Didn't catch the interview today but he can say and be as miserable as he wants after a win.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Didn't catch the interview today but he can say and be as miserable as he wants after a win.

Great result and personally I did think we missed Doyle, he does more work than some people appreciate.

It's a given that Doyle walks straight back in after his ban, whatever results we get in the 3 games he's out.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQTgXmrO6Yw

I thought the interview was ok and if he keeps winning who cares ha ha.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast